ET Drag results

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
OK, so I have posted that I tried et street bias tires with no luck. Went to M/T ET street radial pros, loved them, 1.50 60ft with setup listed below. Got some M/T ET drag stiffwall slicks, 28/10.5/15, to see what the hype was about. Went to Mooresville dragway last night, which is always a good hooking track(holds the record for fastest 275 radial pass in the world). They spun like hell. Never hooked. Best 60ft was 1.72. I was impressed with the handling. Also, they weigh 14lbs less, each, than the radial pros. You could feel that weight reduction in the freeness of the revving. But they would not hook, period. I guess my car is just different than every other car out here. Radials for the win!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Just saying because I didn't know the reason i was spinning was because I was smashing my tires.
I raised my pressure (contrary to popular belief) and got back all the traction in the world at launch.
I know a lot of people say lower the tire pressure when you don't get traction but those are some damn sticky/soft tires and I think 11.5psi is hurting more than helping.
I'll bet you start at around 17-18psi you will have a totally different experience.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
How much heat are you getting into the tires? When I had a used set of ET Drag's they seemed to like a 5 second count on the line lock and then a couple seconds on the roll out. I usually ran them at 15 also.

When those wore out I switched to the 17" Hoosier slick and I ain't goin' back to the ET Drag. These Hoosiers slicks hook very well.

Traction at Mooresville can be spotty, depending on how many street cars show up, That's a reason I started going to Farmington.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have found that when my slicks are new, they always spin the first couple passes. But regardless of that, I am surprised your 60' time wasn't even in the neighborhood vs what you already got with the radials.

The M/T Pro 275 is a bad ass tire though.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
OK, so I have posted that I tried et street bias tires with no luck. Went to M/T ET street radial pros, loved them, 1.50 60ft with setup listed below. Got some M/T ET drag stiffwall slicks, 28/10.5/15, to see what the hype was about. Went to Mooresville dragway last night, which is always a good hooking track(holds the record for fastest 275 radial pass in the world). They spun like hell. Never hooked. Best 60ft was 1.72. I was impressed with the handling. Also, they weigh 14lbs less, each, than the radial pros. You could feel that weight reduction in the freeness of the revving. But they would not hook, period. I guess my car is just different than every other car out here. Radials for the win!

That *is* interesting that the radials hooked better for you.

Incidentally, the record you mentioned was a UPR racer. :)

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the whole advantage of the slicks was that they were better for traction, regardless of track conditions. Just not true for my car. I wish the pros weighed less, but they truly are the baddest tire out there

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
like paul said, I always thought new tires needed a few track visits before they performed well. Maybe give it another try (or two) before you switch back to the radial?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hopefully he doesn't saw he got them out of someone's garage after sitting for 3 years....

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well there is your problem. Probably sitting in someones garage for 3+ years, and they were junk.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Rubber dries out, especially soft sensitive rubber.
Much different than your everyday car tire.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Idk man I doubt they wer sitting for that long

The results say otherwise. When a slick sits, the rubber dries out, and they become useless. Kinda like a trailer tire does when left out in the sun.

If you are really curious, write down the number that is stamped next to the bead on the sidewall of each tire. This will tell you when the tire was manufactured and how old the tire is.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back