Ever miss your fog lights?

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys thinking of switching to a grill with fog light deletes. I actually use mine a lot. Do You guys ever miss them when they're gone? In an ideal world is get the at the bottom of my bumper at some point

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nope, been gone for 10 years now. That and I have hid headlights anyway. Later added a roush front fascia which has fogs in the bumper where they belong anyway.

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
I just deleted mine. My drivers side one had some kind of electrical gremlin, so deleting them was my fix. Plus it just looks cleaner/meaner.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I tried them once in the fog, realized that they are useless as fog lights, put tinted covers on them and haven't used them since.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like my grille-mounted fog lights, because nothing says "Mustang" like seeing those fogs in your rearview mirror. Also, running over pedestrians at a Cars & Coffee. That too.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I've been contemplating this change for improved air flow to the radiator and hopefully the H.E. I've considered that FRPP boss grill replacement alone, or the Cervini upper and lower combination. I'll probably go with the FRPP boss grill if I make the swap.
I do use my driving lights quite a bit. They are very useful to me. There area lot of deer in my neighborhood, and any advantage of seeing them earlier than later is an added benefit. I would consider the California Special mount location down low for the smaller driving lights if I did the change.

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I actually put the stock GT grille/fog lights from my car on my wife's 2014 V6 when I installed my Boss grille. Whenever I see her pull into the driveway at night and those bad boys are lit up, I do kinda miss them. The little GT/CS fog lights that I have on my car now in the lower facia are pretty much worthless.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I actually put the stock GT grille/fog lights from my car on my wife's 2014 V6 when I installed my Boss grille. Whenever I see her pull into the driveway at night and those bad boys are lit up, I do kinda miss them. The little GT/CS fog lights that I have on my car now in the lower facia are pretty much worthless.

Based on that if I do the swap I will spend the cabbage on something other than those little fogs for down low. Thanks.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I always wondered how they managed to make such large fog lights put out so little useable light. If I turn mine on, usually the only reason I can tell that they're on is because a) I have yellow tint on mine (I like the look), and b) it just makes more light right in front of the bumper. Being such I almost never use them.

I've debated removing mine but keeping the grille, to give it a sort of deleted because racecar look, but I don't think I could do anything useful with the remaining bezels so I just haven't done anything with it yet.

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
Nope. I installed a Bullitt grille when I first got the car. Then I sold it for a stock grille because I needed more light. It really didn't add much and simply readjusting my headlights made more of a difference. Sold the grille and put a Bullitt grille back in. Makes the front end of my car significantly cleaner.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
The 13/14 LED fogs put out A LOT of light.

^^^ Yes, this is true!

However, the little "projector style" fog lights that come with the 13/14 GT/CS (or pony package on the V6) that are mounted in the lower fascia trim pieces are pretty worthless as far as putting down some useful light.

Sorry if my previous post caused confusion.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Not that there's anything wrong with that one, but this one is basically the same thing minus the Foose logo

https://www.americanmuscle.com/black-retro-grille-2010.html

The AM version is good, as is the foose version..and also the version from Roush. I have the 7 bar upper grille from..."mr body kit". All 4 x versions look the same. The mr body kit version mounts in 6 x places, the roush version only mounts in 4 x places.

IMO, the oem upper grille on the 10-12 cars is useless....esp if a blower is used. The oem upper grille on the 10-12 cars is mostly blocked off. Any of these above 7 bar grilles will work superb, for increased airflow. They will also flow a lot more air vs the boss version.

The 7 bar grille also solves another issue, the oem..'snorkel' at extreme right side is now fully uncovered and exposed. That's the aprx 2" wide x 6" tall air intake from grille to the oem airbox. My boost went up a bit on the hwy after the 7 bar grille was installed. It eliminates 2 x 90 deg bends with the oem upper grille setup. Increased airflow through my Roush 18" tall x 21" wide HE is readily apparent. It now gets hit with air from both upper + lower grilles.

But you lose the oem upper foglamps... which actually worked pretty good....except in a real fog.

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
The AM version is good, as is the foose version..and also the version from Roush. I have the 7 bar upper grille from..."mr body kit". All 4 x versions look the same. The mr body kit version mounts in 6 x places, the roush version only mounts in 4 x places.

IMO, the oem upper grille on the 10-12 cars is useless....esp if a blower is used. The oem upper grille on the 10-12 cars is mostly blocked off. Any of these above 7 bar grilles will work superb, for increased airflow. They will also flow a lot more air vs the boss version.

The 7 bar grille also solves another issue, the oem..'snorkel' at extreme right side is now fully uncovered and exposed. That's the aprx 2" wide x 6" tall air intake from grille to the oem airbox. My boost went up a bit on the hwy after the 7 bar grille was installed. It eliminates 2 x 90 deg bends with the oem upper grille setup. Increased airflow through my Roush 18" tall x 21" wide HE is readily apparent. It now gets hit with air from both upper + lower grilles.

But you lose the oem upper foglamps... which actually worked pretty good....except in a real fog.

Hey thank you so much for you're reply. I ordered the 53 dollar one in case I was to switch back to fogs. Like you said they actually work pretty damn good for my 12, can't comment on newer years. But the beginning of your post that talked about air flow is getting me excited!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back