Every have one of those install days...

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
...where every fucking possible thing goes wrong? Yeah, had one of those today. The goal was to install springs, shocks/struts, LCA and relo brackets, and a panhard bar. 4-5 hours tops, with beer breaks. But no, my car just would not cooperate. It took ten fucking hours with a lift and air tools.

Bolts missing from packages? Check.

Upper strut mounts exploding ball bearings 30 feet in every direction? Check. (fuck those little mother fuckers).

Every single Ford dealership in Houston shutting down at 3pm so I can't buy a new strut mount? Check (FUCK YOU Houston dealerships. I fucking hate every single one of you).

Stripped threads? Check.

Right rear shock will not fucking line up with the lower bolt hole for absolutely no reason? Check.

Camber bolts do not have the arrow imprinted on them so as to tell what fucking direction to face the bolt head? Check (fuck you, BMR).

Left rear control arm in the lower hole, right rear in the upper hole? Check.

Can't get the right rear parking brake cable back in the receiver? Check.

Can't find two lug nuts? Check.

Right rear tire sticking out like a 1982 Camaro and left rear 2 inches inside the fender well? Check.

Battery dead because the fucking trunk lid was open for ten hours? Check.

I wish this rant would make me feel better, but it doesn't. I still feel like caving in both quarter panels with a lead pipe right now.

About the only thing that didn't go wrong was the car didn't fall off the lift. But I'm sure that will happen tomorrow when I pull the nose off to install a new heat exchanger.

Dear Car - Fuck You. You are going to sit in the garage all fucking week with greasy hand prints all over you, because I hate you. Little bitch.

Last edited:

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OMG!!....You made me wake my wife up I'm laughing soo hard...LOLOLOOLOL!!!

Sounds like a little bit more than the "typical" install day...maybe tomorrow will be better.

RH

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
:roflmao: that last paragraph made me glad your install went so bad. I needed a good laugh

Just kidding man. Hope tomorrow goes better for you

KillrStang

Texas Grown
Reaction score
Dude im in the same effin boat all i have left to finish my 5.0, tr6060, turbo install is a little bit of piping. Yea 8-10 hrs later i have made no progress

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
OMG!!!! LOL!!! Put the wrenches down!!!!! Hahaha

Sometimes it's best to just step away for a bit. I had to do just that today. Came back and the freaking hose I'd been wrestling with from those gay clips that you need 4 arms 6 hands to undo came right off. Lol

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
...where every fucking possible thing goes wrong? Yeah, had one of those today. The goal was to install springs, shocks/struts, LCA and relo brackets, and a panhard bar. 4-5 hours tops, with beer breaks. But no, my car just would not cooperate. It took ten fucking hours with a lift and air tools.

Bolts missing from packages? Check.

Upper strut mounts exploding ball bearings 30 feet in every direction? Check. (fuck those little mother fuckers).

Every single Ford dealership in Houston shutting down at 3pm so I can't buy a new strut mount? Check (FUCK YOU Houston dealerships. I fucking hate every single one of you).

Stripped threads? Check.

Right rear shock will not fucking line up with the lower bolt hole for absolutely no reason? Check.

Camber bolts do not have the arrow imprinted on them so as to tell what fucking direction to face the bolt head? Check (fuck you, BMR).

Left rear control arm in the lower hole, right rear in the upper hole? Check.

Can't get the right rear parking brake cable back in the receiver? Check.

Can't find two lug nuts? Check.

Right rear tire sticking out like a 1982 Camaro and left rear 2 inches inside the fender well? Check.

Battery dead because the fucking trunk lid was open for ten hours? Check.

I wish this rant would make me feel better, but it doesn't. I still feel like caving in both quarter panels with a lead pipe right now.

About the only thing that didn't go wrong was the car didn't fall off the lift. But I'm sure that will happen tomorrow when I pull the nose off to install a new heat exchanger.

Dear Car - Fuck You. You are going to sit in the garage all fucking week with greasy hand prints all over you, because I hate you. Little bitch.

The first bolded sentence got me laughing. The second one made me shoot snot out of my nose. I sure am glad the wife is still asleep and not sitting next to me. LOL!

I hope today goes much smoother for you although, you won't have the strut mounts till Monday.

(Fuck allergies BTW.)

dmhines

KONA GT
Reaction score
Lol. I did same with one of my upper strut mounts. I was able to find all the bearings ( I think) and put it back together.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I always feel better after I embed something in my shed wall! :)

Hope today is better man!

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like my day yesterday (see what pissed you off thread). I've thrown a wrench through my garage window, smashed a shop light, and smashed a cheap HF angle grinder after it tried its best to cut my hand off (never buy an angle grinder with a locking on/off switch).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
That was entertaining....sucks though. Hopefully today goes better for u. At least your working on your car, Christ today I have to go to a vow renewal for some fuck on my wife's side. He's been married one fucking year, it's outside, and it's like 100 today. :wtf:

demarcom

forum member
Reaction score
Great write up... thanks for the laugh... I had that type of install with Long tubes. Everything that could get dropped and lost in a small engine compartment did.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry for all your troubles but that is a great write up and I have my brother-in-law staying with us this week so I really needed a laugh.

Earl

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
before any mod day, I lay out all of my tools on a fold out table along with parts and keep everything organized.

Something I learned when implementing lean principles.

Nasty GT

Using stuff to do things
Reaction score
The joys of the hobby!! Laughed my as off....good read!

Frustrating as hell and I feel for ya brother. If it makes you feel any better....seems like every single project I take on winds up the same way. It starts to feel like someone is pickin on ya after a while.

I tend to feel better after throwing shit or punching/hitting the nearest inanimate object in the garage.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, Reminds me of being back in high school and modding my 1992 5.0, damn, NOTHING ever went right with that. Thanks for the laugh and hope everything goes better today!

3vstang

forum member
Reaction score
Damn I feel ya man, I was installing wheel spacers on my buddy's evo yesterday. The front passenger side went on in about 20ish minutes, but the bottom caliper bolt on the driver side was cross threaded, and it snapped. Picked up an ez out, i have to finish it up later...fuck.

Good luck with your issue though.

Back