Exhaust Fitment

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I installed a set of SLP Loudmouth A/B a couple of weeks ago. When I was installing the passenger-side "muffler", every time I went to bolt it in, it would go down and to the right. Southeast, if you will.

Loosened it up, had a buddy tighten it down, while I held it in the desired position. No matter how hard I held it in place, it kept pushing its way back down. :sad72:

Despite the irritation to my OCD, I bolted up and let it go. I'm hoping that maybe when I put it back on the lift next week I can loosen it up and get it to stay.

Anyone else have this issue? Maybe it's just SLP related? @UltraKla$$ic

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
I installed a set of SLP Loudmouth A/B a couple of weeks ago. When I was installing the passenger-side "muffler", every time I went to bolt it in, it would go down and to the right. Southeast, if you will.

Loosened it up, had a buddy tighten it down, while I held it in the desired position. No matter how hard I held it in place, it kept pushing its way back down. :sad72:

Despite the irritation to my OCD, I bolted up and let it go. I'm hoping that maybe when I put it back on the lift next week I can loosen it up and get it to stay.

Anyone else have this issue? Maybe it's just SLP related? @UltraKla$$ic

Thankfully, I didn't have any issues with the Borla axle-back's I installed. I was able to fine tune the fitment of the tip to the opening and get it equal all around. I too suffer from OCD for aesthetic fitment.

You could try loosening the passenger side pipe and rolling it a few degrees in the slip coupling which may help align the SLP better within the opening.

Sharman_s550

Reaction score
My original clamps were welded to existing pipes. I cut one the driver side because I couldn't get the existing muffler off, how ever the other side came off with out having to cut the clamp. My driver side is also hanging alittle weird.. But if there no air pushing out where they are meeting the original piping, you should have no problem.
Hope this helps! I also have slps on!!

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Try loosening it where it meets the H and rotating that a little.

I'll give it a shot!

My original clamps were welded to existing pipes. I cut one the driver side because I couldn't get the existing muffler off, how ever the other side came off with out having to cut the clamp. My driver side is also hanging alittle weird.. But if there no air pushing out where they are meeting the original piping, you should have no problem.
Hope this helps! I also have slps on!!

Yeah mine were welded on too. Had to cut both of them.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I once saw an exhaust shop slide a long length of straight exhaust tubing into a muffler tip and use the leverage to quite literally bend the axlebacks into place. You could try that as a last resort.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Oh wow. Yeah, definitely a last resort, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Can't be havin' no crooked tips. :okay2:

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
BFH- Big Fucking Hammer

Ohhhhh. Gotcha. Yeah, I have one of those. I'll save that for last, after the "put a long rod in it and pry it up". (I'm sure that statement will be quoted)

A vital tool in every toolbox. Right next to the giant standard-head pry....uh...screwdriver.

Haha.

I thought it fit perfect?

Said who? The description on American Muscle?

Just the tip!

:rotflmao:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back