Exhaust Help - LT Headers and X Pipe

moooosestang

Reaction score
hmmm, googled it and everything seems to be weld on. I thought for sure someone made a big crush washer type solution.

moooosestang

Reaction score
Yeah, I had to look at the pics when I got my shorties to remember they came with a plate welded on...

I recommend you get better gaskets, the BBK or ebay ones will blow out in a couple of years.
I use Kooks aluminum header gaskets PY-8023A-AL been on there for many years!
View attachment 92365
How about a pic of what they look like now? They look so pretty in the box. did the chrome plating hold up?

JC SSP

Reaction score
They have been on there for almost 10 years, so unfortunately they are not as pretty.

Still no leaks and it runs like a champ even with 120K on the odometer.

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4993.jpg

BottleRocket

Reaction score
BBK does not fit anything but BBK. You could take mid pipe and headers to a custom exhaust shop and have them re-work the ball socket to fit the header as it looks like it was stretched out to begin with. Ebay headers?

And sometimes BBK doesn't even fit BBK. When I bought my '08 GT/CS it came with Ford shorties and the factory cats. I threw the shorties away as I had bought a set of BBK long tubes off ebay. I also picked up a new BBK high flow cat mid pipe, which I wanted to install at the same time. When I to install the mid pipe (BBK) on the long tubes (BBK) the bell was the wrong size. I had to cut the bell from the Ford cats and have a local exhaust shop weld them to the BBK mid pipe. Not a big deal, it took him less than 20 minutes and cost me less than $100. Good luck.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I thought for sure the holes on all 8 x primaries on the 4.6 were D shaped, and not round ?? And ditto with the D shaped holes on the cyl head.

Last edited:

TFish2607

Reaction score
Well, I almost have tackled this project completely yesterday however, before I starting tightening things down with a torque wrench, I needed to double check some things with everyone here.

Fitment - Drivers side is absolutely perfect. Passengers side, close. Has anyone had an issue with any brand of header barely touching the passengers side floor pan? Actually the heat shield which is just above the collect now with the LT’s. It still has room to go but as I installed it with the motor supported up, the header didn’t want to go until I practically lowered the motor enough to mount the motor mount. I ended up having to do just that to make everything fit correctly. On a side note, I’m wondering if the chassis being on jackstands is binding them slightly?

Anyone have any pictures of their installs?

TFish2607

Reaction score
Update to my question, I obviously should have looked above the heat shield to realize it wasn’t touching the car so therefore, the header isn’t touching the car which is good. In theory I could remove the heat shield but I have decided on what to do with it yet. I’ve attached a picture for reference to show the room I’m talking about.

IMG_8367.jpeg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back