Exhaust question

itsmetj87

Reaction score
Ok so here is the story... Started out with an MBRP muffler delete with factory cats. Just switched my set up now to an off road H pipe so I basically have a straight pipe from front to back. The car is pretty ridiculously loud. To be honest it kind of drives me nuts and scares me to drive past a cop at anything more then an idle. I do not want to put the cats back in because I am doing cams next weekend so my question is this. Will getting a set of magma flows or flow masters tone it down a bit has anyone done this and know the difference in sound. Any help is appreciated thanks

travelers

Reaction score
Any time you go from open pipes to mufflers it will quiet it down. You could also have a set of exhaust cutouts welded in.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I had only Outlaws on the car with headers and no cats; it was pretty loud. The volume didn't bother me as mush as the unrefined tone. I since have welded in a couple of old school Cherry Bomb resonators before the axle and it sounds a ton better and just a little bit quieter. I might go that route before putting full blown mufflers on there.

itsmetj87

Reaction score
I think a lot of it for me is the extreme raspy sound and the fact that it sounds terrible pretty much like a giant exhaust leak(wich it basically is) so I think I'm gunna throw a set of axle back mufflers in and see what happens. Anyone wanna trade for some MBRP muffler delete pipes lol

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
You and I chit chatted about this but I'm curious if you'll like the tone better on mine. I have an xpipe so I think mine is raspy but I'm curious how much more raspy yours is without any muffler.

I do think the construction on my mbrps is pretty good. I have the stainless ones since 08 and they still look great.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

MaNickles

Reaction score
i am running a set of O/R X pipe with some Magnaflow Magnapacks welded in behind the axle it sounds amazing great sound yes it still is loud i set off alarms in parking lots and i LOVE IT it

Grover

forum member
Reaction score
I had only Outlaws on the car with headers and no cats; it was pretty loud. The volume didn't bother me as mush as the unrefined tone. I since have welded in a couple of old school Cherry Bomb resonators before the axle and it sounds a ton better and just a little bit quieter. I might go that route before putting full blown mufflers on there.

So 07 Boss, you kept the Outlaws and offroad headers and then welded in the cherry bombs?
I dont suppose you have any samples of the sound?

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Mine had Flowmaster axel backs and a non catted x pipe. It was loud but not too loud. I have them for sale right now. Cheap. PM me.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Ok so here is the story... Started out with an MBRP muffler delete with factory cats. Just switched my set up now to an off road H pipe so I basically have a straight pipe from front to back. The car is pretty ridiculously loud. To be honest it kind of drives me nuts and scares me to drive past a cop at anything more then an idle. I do not want to put the cats back in because I am doing cams next weekend so my question is this. Will getting a set of magma flows or flow masters tone it down a bit has anyone done this and know the difference in sound. Any help is appreciated thanks

How about putting the factory mufflers and cat back on? It will only cost you an hour or so of time and it might be the sound you are looking for. The factory cats contribute quite a bit to the stock quietness.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back