Exley's Build Thread

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
I've been reading on this forum for a while now posting every now and then. Finally got up the nerve to add some power so I thought I would share.

My car as I bought it in 2011. 2007 Redfire GT/CS.

I've done some small mods over the past few years. Got a hold of some FRPP GTA axle backs. Reto-fitted OEM HIDs. Swapped most of the other lighting to LEDs. Learned to tune a little bit with HP Tuners.

I got a new job and the lure of the 5.0s was strong and I almost sold the car, but I just couldn't see myself parting with it.

Picked up a used FRPP Whipple kit in the classifieds and decided it would be more fun to be able to tinker with the car since it is very close to being paid off.

In my Basement!

Painted the intake manifold, water crossover, and throttle body satin black

Car apart. My buddy who helped with the install making a cameo

Coming together

I don't have a video of the first start, since I was too busy looking at the laptop. So you guys will have to settle for third start. Second was used to go get some much needed McDonalds.

Went with the 3.75 pulley. Wanted to keep the power pretty modest on the stock internals. I also was hoping to stay on the stock fuel pump if possible.

Put my HT0 plugs in yesterday and was actually able to do some WOT pulls :drool:

Still working on dialing the tune in. Hopefully when the weather is a little nicer I will follow up with some dyno numbers!

Last edited:

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
Painted some more stuff black lol. The intercooler tank got cracked during shipment so I picked another up on ebay. Gave it a matching paint job before it went on.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
Great looking car. Enjoy the new found power! Are you doing the tuning yourself using the HP software?

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice man!
awesome! nicely done
Looking good congrats on the tuning.
Very Clean ride!
Thanks!
Congrats. Do you have plans of building the internals?
Haven't decided yet. The car has 115K on it so it will need gone through at some point. I have a strong emotional attachment to the car and it will be paid off next year. I have to decide if I want to invest the money into it as a project or possibly move on to something newer. Just enjoying it for now. :driver:

Great looking car. Enjoy the new found power! Are you doing the tuning yourself using the HP software?
Thanks! I am. Pretty fun being able to roll into 2nd and spin the tires!

Yep doing the tuning myself with HP Tuners, Really fun, rewarding, and scary lol. To be fair I was able to find a read of the FRPP Whipple 400hp and 550hp tunes on the HP Tuners forum, so I used them to build my base tune. I modified the injector data for the GT500 47lbers as you can’t get the Ford GT ones that came with the kits originally. Then it was just dialing in the air fuel. I don't think I would have been able to do it from scratch. I learn more every day.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
How much did it run you to get started with HP tuners? I should look into this - probably paying Lito this spring but I'd sure like to be able to do things myself.

Edit: checked summit. $500-$650. Looks like I'm on the high end if I want to integrate my wideband into logging like I'm used to.

What does the MPVI Pro interface allow me to do over the Standard Version?
With our Pro interface, you can integrate 0-5v signals from various sensors such as EGT, Wide Band, fuel pressure and others right into our scanner. You will have real time data from those sensors right next to your standard scan tool data such as TPS, RPM, MPH, etc.

Our MPVI Pro interface also has black box data datalogging for select vehicles of up to 1hr 30mins built in. What this means is you are able to scan your vehicle without the use of a laptop using the interfaces record button. You can then take the interface into your home to transfer the log contents from the interface to the computer. If you have an MPVI Pro it will require no hardware modification. Also note that VCM Scanner comes with both interfaces regardless as it is part of our VCM Suite package.

Can I buy a wide band sensor and simply plug it in?
No. You need a wide band kit that supplies a 0-5v output. You will plug the output from your wide band controller into our interface.

Is a Wideband Sensor & Controller included with the MPVI Pro?
No. You would need to purchase this separately from a company such as Innovate motorsports, PLX, AEM, Etc.

How many external devices can I have with the MPVI Pro?
We have provisions for 4 external devices that use a 0-5v output signal.

I am a current customer with VCM Suite but I want the new MPVI Pro interface, how do I buy it?
MPVI Pro (Enhanced I/O) Upgrade Process

Does the Standard MPVI come with the scanner too?
Yes it comes with the hardware, the same scanner the pro comes with & the same editor package as the pro comes with.

Does the Standard MPVI come with the same amount of credits as the Pro MPVI?
Yes, both the Standard & Pro Version come with 8 credits.

How much would it cost to upgrade from the Standard MPVI to the Pro MPVI if I decided to upgrade later?
$289+shipping

Last edited:

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
Yea $650 I wouldn't recommend the basic interface. Being able to log the wideband through the 0-5v inputs is a must. The other thing to consider is that the Ford product is still in development. They are making leaps and bounds, but there is still some stuff I don't have the ability to datalog. You may also want to check out SCT Pro Racer Package (PRP). I believe Lito might do PRP tunes, you could ask. It would be a good way to learn.

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would just get the SCT stuff except I hear all the time about how great HPT is for the GM apps. Probably be even more mature for Fords in a year.

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
Oh yea I love their interface. That's how I got into it. My buddy has a turbo GTO so I just paid him to license my car. I think within a year it will be much more mature. They have been really kicking ass lately on the ford support.

Back