F150 Ecoboost Builds

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a problem with a message on the info center - "Check Fuel Filler Inlet" ?

I just got this tonight and it hasn't gone away. If it doesn't go away I'll just have to go to a local dealer. Some said online it was a leak or a malfunction with filler cap; the truck didn't register it was closed. No check engine lights.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a problem with a message on the info center - "Check Fuel Filler Inlet" ?

I just got this tonight and it hasn't gone away. If it doesn't go away I'll just have to go to a local dealer. Some said online it was a leak or a malfunction with filler cap; the truck didn't register it was closed. No check engine lights.

New to me. I haven't experienced it.

On a side note, my Bilstein 5100's showed up tonight and my intake will be here tomorrow.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i hope they make an ecoboost raptor one of these days!

Look 3 posts above yours. It's likely as close as it'll ever get.

Raptors, I believe, will be discontinued when the 2015 is released. Most Raptor owners would prefer the V8 growl to go with the aggressive looks, as opposed to the torque of the ecoboost with it's odd sounding exhaust. Not much towing done with the Raptors as opposed to Baja runs and whatnot.

It'd perform, no doubt, but I don't think Ford feels it's the right market for the ecoboost. Otherwise it'd be available already, right?

Just my worthless guess on the matter.

VA Raptor

forum member
Reaction score

This happened on my Mustang and the fix was putting the funnel (under the rear driver side seat in a Screw) in the fuel inlet while the car was off a couple of times and it cleared the message. It usually happens when after filling up and the flap does not close all the way.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
This happened on my Mustang and the fix was putting the funnel (under the rear driver side seat in a Screw) in the fuel inlet while the car was off a couple of times and it cleared the message. It usually happens when after filling up and the flap does not close all the way.

I just thought about this. I'll do it tomorrow morning and hope that's the fix. I haven't filled up in two weeks so that's why I was puzzled.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
No luck with the funnel.

5urugepe.jpg

VA Raptor

forum member
Reaction score
No luck with the funnel.

5urugepe.jpg

That sucks. Did you try it a few times? Pretty sure it needs to go through at least a drive cycle before it will reset as well. If it doesn't work than it looks like some have had the fuel filler tube replaced under warranty to resolve the issue.

Eitherway, good luck and hope it gets fixed!

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
So waht are you guys getting for MPGs with the ecoboost

I struggle to keep it between 13.8-14.0.

I really think the 3.15 rear end is killing me. Wish I would have payed more attention to that before buying the truck. However there are 2 or 3 other guys in Houston getting 16 and 17 with FX4's and 3.73's

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score

I really think the 3.15 rear end is killing me. Wish I would have payed more attention to that before buying the truck. However there are 2 or 3 other guys in Houston getting 16 and 17 with FX4's and 3.73's

Any mods to the truck, larger wheels, tires, engine mods, tuner?

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score

not gonna lie that sounds horrible haha.

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
I usually get between 17.8-20 in town. Of course sometimes I get less when I decide to play around.
When we went to gatlinburg in November I got 24 going down there with cruise on at about 85

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Look 3 posts above yours. It's likely as close as it'll ever get.

Raptors, I believe, will be discontinued when the 2015 is released. Most Raptor owners would prefer the V8 growl to go with the aggressive looks, as opposed to the torque of the ecoboost with it's odd sounding exhaust. Not much towing done with the Raptors as opposed to Baja runs and whatnot.

It'd perform, no doubt, but I don't think Ford feels it's the right market for the ecoboost. Otherwise it'd be available already, right?

Just my worthless guess on the matter.
I don't think it has anything to do with the market not being right for an Ecoboost Raptor. I am going to guess that the issue is that Ford uses the Raptor to sell more 6.2 motors. The 6.2 is much more of a niche engine. It is only used in the Superduty and the F150 It isn't used in the E-Series, nor the chassis Cab. They still have the 3v v10 in those. Ford has to have a way to recoupe their R&D costs of the 6.2 engine and putting it in the Raptor is one way of doing that, since most Superduty trucks are diesel anyway.

If the option were between the Ecoboost and the 6.2 I think the 6.2's would just sit at the dealers while the Ecoboost Raptors wouldn't ever stay in stock.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
That sucks. Did you try it a few times? Pretty sure it needs to go through at least a drive cycle before it will reset as well. If it doesn't work than it looks like some have had the fuel filler tube replaced under warranty to resolve the issue.

Eitherway, good luck and hope it gets fixed!

I tried it a couple times stop and go and cycled key. Drove and tried it again. No luck. I'm taking it to the nearest dealer tomorrow when I have time.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
I usually get between 17.8-20 in town. Of course sometimes I get less when I decide to play around.
When we went to gatlinburg in November I got 24 going down there with cruise on at about 85

thats what I like to hear haha. Im already looking a head to my next vehicle in the next two years and the ecoboost f-150 is at the top of my list,

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I tried it a couple times stop and go and cycled key. Drove and tried it again. No luck. I'm taking it to the nearest dealer tomorrow when I have time.

A drive/run cycle is from a cold start to full operating temp. Then let it cool off to full cool before starting it again. Most fuel cap related issues such as this takes 3 complete drive/run cycles to clear.

I average 18.5 on a mixed highway/city about 50/50. The best I've gotten is 21.4 on a trip to Houston last weekend, even while hauling a 4.6 Romeo engine in the back. FX4 3:73

I don't think the guys buying the raptors would even look at one with an ecoboost engine.

Sent from iPhone

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back