factory alarm

rickf

forum member
Reaction score
I bought this car (2006 GT) in 2016 with a Viper alarm on it. No idea what was done with the Ford system other than the PATS light does flash on the dash when it is turned off. Well, The Viper died yesterday and even after reprogramming it will not receive the remote, yes the remote is working. I found and pulled the Viper module down where I could access it and I pulled the fuse and the car starts just fine. I can lock the doors with the key but I do not have a remote to use. I have no idea if the original alarm is even hooked up anymore. Short of going to a dealer and spending a months pension just to find out do you have any suggestions on what to do next?

yote0

Reaction score
Buy a Ford remote from ebay, etc and program it according to the instructions in your owner’s manual.

Miker

Reaction score
My car came with only 1 key and 1 remote. I got 2 chip keys and 2 remotes with batteries for 20 shipped from Amazon. $100 to get the keys cut and programmed.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Is the exact model of Viper alarm still available? Call the dealer and find out. If so, maybe it has a programming module that can be switched out. I had pretty much the same issue as you and because I had an extra complete kit (that I just happened to find on feebay a year before) I was able to switch out just the CPU. It came with key fobs already programmed. Lucky I had it or I'd probably still be troubleshooting it.

Second option is take it into a Viper dealer (or better yet ask them to send a tech out to you) and have it returned to stock.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back