failed emissions in IL

Teege24

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just failed my emissions test this past Saturday and have a couple questions about it. It said i failed in three different areas, 1 being the o2 sensors not responding...is this due to the tune or is it because I have no cats?

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just failed my emissions test this past Saturday and have a couple questions about it. It said i failed in three different areas, 1 being the o2 sensors not responding...is this due to the tune or is it because I have no cats?

It's because you have no Cats. The tune probably has the rear O2 sensors turned off so you won't get the Check Engine light all the time. So even if the O2 sensors were left turned on, you would still fail the test for a working Catalyst system.

Teege24

forum member
Reaction score
It's because you have no Cats. The tune probably has the rear O2 sensors turned off so you won't get the Check Engine light all the time. So even if the O2 sensors were left turned on, you would still fail the test for a working Catalyst system.
damn, so pretty much i have to get a catted system installed in order to pass?

LRRH2007

Reaction score
Pretty much due to the system all tuned around them not being there. Watch out to they don't report you for vehicle emissions removed. California the Blue Meanies would already have SWAT parked outside your place and helos overhead.
That or you didn't vote Dem last Nov.? That would be an automatic hit on you right there.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
You'll need to put Cats back on it to pass. Whoever you got your tune from, I see it's Brenspeed, should give you a tune for the same setup minus the O/R Pipe and adding the cats with pipe. They should work with you to get you through emissions. If it were BBR, American Muscle, Lethal or Evolution, I'd say they would definitely help you out without charging you. Not sure about Brenspeed though. But I bet they will.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
you really think this is guaranteed to work?

"you have my word on it"

images

08Bullitt_0067

forum member
Reaction score
you really think this is guaranteed to work?

I will trying this out this summer after i hopefully do cams then dyno. I also have mac Lts + O/R H, but my rear 02 are currently off. Mine is an 08 so I can't remember when ill get called in for testing. It sucks cause if you don't pass emissions, you can't renew your plates. I would try this ASAP... let me know how it goes :thumb:.

I used to live in McHenry, I think i may have seen you once. Car sounded sick!

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
I'm from southern Illinois and have never had to do an emissions test...

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
I personally don't think you are gonna pass without Cats on the car, regarless if you fool the ECU into working with all 4 O2s on an O/R midpipe. You are better off ponying up the cash for a High Flow Catted X/H pipe and not worry anymore about passing emmisions every time you need to test. Either that, or, find someone shady who will get it done and believe me, it can be done.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back