Fastlane twin turbo install has begun...

mwilkes

cheesewhiz
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, the single Hellion turbo kit is sold so Fastlane started the installation of their twin turbo kit. I can't wait for this to be finished. I don't have any install pictures yet, but i'll get them soon.

223479ea5812528c.jpg

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet, Mike, you lucky sob! Make sure you get some good install pics from under the car when it's done....looks like I won't be able to choose from the header/cam (staying NA) route or the TT route till April....but I can live vicariously through you!

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What size turbos are those?
I believe Nick (Fastlane's owner) said they're 54 mm, which is why those puppies spooled at just past 2000 rpm (~2300 or so) when we took the shop car for a spin. Ridiculous torque...while cruising in 3rd, he stomped on the gas and it broke the 275's he has in the back free like nothing.

SlvrS197

Reaction score
damn thats sweet, i wish i had the money to do that...they have a sweet set-up

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
very nice! If I didn't live in California, I would probably went for a turbo setup myself! Emissions... :-\

Good luck with the install!

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
very nice! If I didn't live in California, I would probably went for a turbo setup myself! Emissions... :-\

Good luck with the install!

Houston is no Joke on emissions themselves. Mwikes, will you be able to get these things thru the sniffer?

tehsleeper

forum member
Reaction score
I hate you so much right now!!!

I'm green with envy. Enjoy it man!

BTW, is that filter the same one on the JLT's?

onebadgsx

Reaction score
OBDII cars do not get sniffed in TX, just OBDI which is 95 and older i believe. i get my 05 gt passed inspection with off-road x pipe on.

mwilkes

cheesewhiz
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yep, they are 54mm mitsubishis and they will pass emissions here in Houston. The install has a pair of cats behind the turbos. now i need to get my ass to the shop. I will have some pictures for you tonight.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OBDII cars do not get sniffed in TX, just OBDI which is 95 and older i believe. i get my 05 gt passed inspection with off-road x pipe on.

Doh! That's good to know. I could have swore they sniffed my RX-8 though....

Havent had to get the Stang inspected yet.

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
Houston is no Joke on emissions themselves. Mwikes, will you be able to get these things thru the sniffer?
Really? I'm from Louisiana, and emissions over there are basically non-existent (at least where I was). I thought it was the same way in Texas.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It is for most places. The TNRCC (Texas Natural Resource Conservation Committe) has determined that Harris County (houston) and every county that touches Harris County should have these higher standards for car inspections than the rest of the state. It may be the same around Dallas as well. (not sure on that one though)

mwilkes

cheesewhiz
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
they are coming tonight. I just came home for a few minutes with the car they let me borrow while mine is in the shop!!!! AWESOME!!!

223479faf92b0c4e.jpg

223479fb027bc2fb.jpg

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
they are coming tonight. I just came home for a few minutes with the car they let me borrow while mine is in the shop!!!! AWESOME!!!

223479faf92b0c4e.jpg

223479fb027bc2fb.jpg

Nice rental, so how is it compaired to your car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back