favorite shifter?

fullpullprez

forum member
Reaction score
so I am a v6 guy that is swapping in the tr3650 and am in need of a short throw shifter...what is everyones favorite?

b00stedgt

Reaction score
Thats going to be a tough question to get an answer to as everyone has different tastes. With that said I like my hurst

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Please use the search function. This has been covered many times. And this is not really tech.

But, IMO, the MGW is the best and the most adjustable. Also, the MGW doesn't lock me out of third like the Hurst did, and not near as much NVH as the Pro 5.0 had, and not as sloppy as stock.

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
Please use the search function. This has been covered many times. And this is not really tech.

But, IMO, the MGW is the best and the most adjustable. Also, the MGW doesn't lock me out of third like the Hurst did, and not near as much NVH as the Pro 5.0 had, and not as sloppy as stock.

This. MGW is bar far and away the best s197 shifter made.

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
I have a hurst right now and I HATE IT. Ya it looks good in my car but who cars about looks when your wanting to bust that junky chevy next to you.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I found the stocker to power shift perfectly. I never missed third. However, I broke the stock shifter. I bought a used Hurst Billet out of the classifieds from RDK Performance. I like the feel and the way it shifts when cruising around. I have yet to try and power shift it though. 20 degrees out doesn't allow for any traction.

06gtmustang

forum member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with my hurst but i havent owned any other brand for my s197. I had a pro 5.0 on my fox and was pretty good so i would just say order which ever one your leaning more towards on. Everyone is going to give you a different opinion

Anthony05GT

forum member
Reaction score
MGW is the only shifter where the design actually addresses the fact that the shifter is mounted to the car's body and transmission which goes against performing correctly. Their shifter is designed to allow flex without any negative effects.

fullpullprez

forum member
Reaction score
I'm an idiot...hahaha

lol sorry for postin this in tech...I must have been browsing in here and then accidentally posted because I had no intention of posting this here, thanks for moving it and thanks for the responses...I appreciate it everyone

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back