Fender Bender

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
Is it insured as a show car? If not, you have no recourse. I once had a kid's father argue with me over the value of his "show truck" that we wound up in the local court. He didn't win. A couple of $10 trophies didn't change the fact that his mid 80s GMC stepside with a nice paint job but driven every day wasn't a "show truck".

This is the problem with stuff like this; it isn't old enough to be collectible, so it's darn hard to insure it as anything other than just a car. The insurance industry simply isn't set up for some of the not-really-old, coddled and customized cars a lot of you guys have.

"Destroys it's value"...how so? If it's repaired properly, what loss in value is there? Even in states with Diminished Value I find the concept questionable.

so you would have no problems spending the same amount of cash on

a 2007 mustang gt thats all original no accidents
as you would for a 2007 mustang gt thats been rear ended and has an entirely new rear quarter panel?

99% of the time you would choose the non damaged one. guaranteed. it is not worth the same money.

go look on carfax price goes down a shit ton when theres an accident costing 11k on a vehicle worth 18.

ddavidv

forum member
Reaction score
This is the common argument made all the time.

"If two identical cars were for sale side by side, and one had XYZ replaced on it from an accident, which one would you pick?"

But it's a pointless argument. That never happens.

Though better educated in auto damage repair than most of you, I'm in the market for one right now. If I find a car with the right color, options, etc in my price range and it's had some work done, but that work is good quality, am I going to pass on it? No.

It's not a matter of pricing. It's a matter of some people will take the car, and some won't. If you won't, no matter...another buyer will be along shortly.

It sucks when it's YOUR car being the one hit, no argument. But too many people get caught up in endless "What if" scenarios that ultimately don't matter one iota.

28ONE

Reaction score
Some updates, tear down has begun...

Attachments

• photo_1.JPG
    photo_1.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 17
  • photo_2.JPG
    photo_2.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 17
  • photo_3.JPG
    photo_3.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 17

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back