final ran the 2011 gt at fontana

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Cars on street tires had little to no traction. It was cloudy so the sun couldn't heat up the track. My times were not that good either. My best was only 13.425 at 101 and that's with a 1.797 60'.

cantdrive55

forum member
Reaction score
Cars on street tires had little to no traction. It was cloudy so the sun couldn't heat up the track. My times were not that good either. My best was only 13.425 at 101 and that's with a 1.797 60'.
This.

My tires broke loose going into 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. The back end kicked out on me a few times going into 2nd and 3rd. I wish the sun had been out to warm the track surface.

MatchbookSS

Haters gonna hate
Reaction score
Pics of the car. I wanna see which one you were. U mighta seen me there.

I watched you run a few times. Nice car, man.

Wow. Everyone running D/R's and slicks seemed to be hooking up just fine though. Lol. But it seemed to me like everyone was complaining about running slow that day. At least all the Dodge and Chevy guys were complaining about it.

This.

My tires broke loose going into 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. The back end kicked out on me a few times going into 2nd and 3rd. I wish the sun had been out to warm the track surface.

It was pretty bad...You the guy with the beard and the asian girlfriend? I think I saw you. And no, I wasn't creeping...Lol. You were the only Kona Blue there though, I think.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Wow. Everyone running D/R's and slicks seemed to be hooking up just fine though. Lol. But it seemed to me like everyone was complaining about running slow that day. At least all the Dodge and Chevy guys were complaining about it.
I was hooking fine. My 60's were 1.797 to 1.89 but my times were about .2 to .3 slower than last time.

cantdrive55

forum member
Reaction score

It was pretty bad...You the guy with the beard and the asian girlfriend? I think I saw you. And no, I wasn't creeping...Lol. You were the only Kona Blue there though, I think.
That was me. I was the only Kona Blue there. Didn't get a single clean run in all day. Coasted across the line on a couple runs, didn't want to push it when I spun in 2nd/3rd.

Were you one of the Camaro guys that rolled up towards the end of the day, or were you running your car?

MatchbookSS

Haters gonna hate
Reaction score
I was hooking fine. My 60's were 1.797 to 1.89 but my times were about .2 to .3 slower than last time.

On street tires? Well, you were in the minority on that one probably. Everyone else I was talking to was having issues as well. Maybe it was just a driver issue, myself included.

Some cat driving a "stock" LS2 GTO was cutting good times on street tires. Was running like 12.7x's and what not. He says he was bone stock. I didn't believe him though.

That was me. I was the only Kona Blue there. Didn't get a single clean run in all day. Coasted across the line on a couple runs, didn't want to push it when I spun in 2nd/3rd.

Were you one of the Camaro guys that rolled up towards the end of the day, or were you running your car?

I was running. Horribly, might I add. How'd you run? I was getting some wicked bad wheel hop from the launch and from 2nd-3rd. I was consistently trapping 2mph lower than I did last time too...Couldn't figure it out.

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score

Thanks man. Yea the track was pretty much crap but I mean its street legals so you cant go into it expecting to be amazed lol Even on my 11.6 run, I had to let out before the end. I got a nice wiggle, hence why I only trapped 114 when I normally do 117. I figured it was probably a nice patch that wasnt cleaned up totally from the guy who blew in the right lane.

MatchbookSS

Haters gonna hate
Reaction score
Thanks man. Yea the track was pretty much crap but I mean its street legals so you cant go into it expecting to be amazed lol Even on my 11.6 run, I had to let out before the end. I got a nice wiggle, hence why I only trapped 114 when I normally do 117. I figured it was probably a nice patch that wasnt cleaned up totally from the guy who blew in the right lane.

Yeah...you're talking about that d-bag who was in the gray, smoked out Z06 with used car dealer plates right? Dude driving around revving at people in the parking lot like a ricer? I followed that guy back into the track from grabbing lunch at Jack in the Box. He bought his pass and tech card and made that one pass, where he blew his motor. That's ricer karma for you right there.

He did a pretty wicked burnout and got out of the hole pretty good though. Lol.

cantdrive55

forum member
Reaction score
On street tires? Well, you were in the minority on that one probably. Everyone else I was talking to was having issues as well. Maybe it was just a driver issue, myself included.

Some cat driving a "stock" LS2 GTO was cutting good times on street tires. Was running like 12.7x's and what not. He says he was bone stock. I didn't believe him though.

I was running. Horribly, might I add. How'd you run? I was getting some wicked bad wheel hop from the launch and from 2nd-3rd. I was consistently trapping 2mph lower than I did last time too...Couldn't figure it out.
Didn't get a single clean run in, best was a sad [email protected]. Last time I ran [email protected]

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
Lol I wasnt sure who it was driving. I just remember hearing it when I was in the pits. I know there was two, but I cant remember if that was the one where the srt 4 had to slam on his brakes like a mofo lol that was all i could see.

MatchbookSS

Haters gonna hate
Reaction score
Didn't get a single clean run in, best was a sad [email protected]. Last time I ran [email protected]

Don't feel too bad man. I couldn't either...best run for me was 14.0 at 104.6. Last time it was 13.8 @ 106...And here I was thinking that I was going to get into mid-13's this time around.

Another cat there was having the same problems in his '10 SS...Didn't break 13's, and his PB is a 13.3 at 110 or something, bone stock. Just a crappy day for some of us.

Lol I wasnt sure who it was driving. I just remember hearing it when I was in the pits. I know there was two, but I cant remember if that was the one where the srt 4 had to slam on his brakes like a mofo lol that was all i could see.

Lol. Well, was it towards the end of the day? Because I was standing in the staging lanes right behind the strip, and this dickhead who's been going up and down the parking lot rows revving at people blows his motor at the 330' mark and decides to just run all the way down. Lol. Young hispanic guy.

Regardless, nice runs man. And clean looking car.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score

I was cheater slicks, M/T E.T Streets. I talked to two people with black GTOs and last time I had a good race against one of them. One had M/T E.T drags and the other had Nitto 555rs. I know the one with the M/T E.T drags was in the high 12s and the one with the 555r was running high 12s to low 13s, so I doubt a GTO would run 12.7 on street tires. Let alone bone stock.

MatchbookSS

Haters gonna hate
Reaction score
I was cheater slicks, M/T E.T Streets. I talked to two people with black GTOs and last time I had a good race against one of them. One had M/T E.T drags and the other had Nitto 555rs. I know the one with the M/T E.T drags was in the high 12s and the one with the 555r was running high 12s to low 13s, so I doubt a GTO would run 12.7 on street tires. Let alone bone stock.

Lol. See, that's what I was saying...all you cats running real rubber didn't seem to be having too much trouble hooking.

And yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but this dude kept insisting he was bone stock. He had a silver LS2. I was thinking, so you're telling us that you're running faster than every other guy has officially, at a worse track with worse DA? Okay....

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks like about 850.

not a bad run OP! here is your time DA corrected 13.237 @ 106.951 MPH

ROFL - the DA at Fontana hasn't been in the 850 range since the prehistoric period...:beerdrink: Better add a '3' in front of that number...lol

Was this a street legal event? Wish I could go to those but even if they let me - I'd crash sadly. Track prep = water at the box at those events and that's all.

Last edited:

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
Lol surprisingly yes the DA was really like 800 in the morning. My 11.6 run was at almost 1200.

I agrees, prep does suck but I thought they at least made it sticky. I didnt know they didnt do anything. Lol. I wanna jump in with you guys though if you do a private day anytime soon.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back