Finally got our 2012 GT

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
After a long long long wait our car finally showed up. Sadly it showed up with some paint and bumper damage so dealer had to order a new bumper and it goes into the paint shop next to paint the bumper, hood, door.

Got a GT500 diffuser, CS front end, roush grill and rear black out panel waiting to go on. Windows will be tinted once it gets back from paint.

content___media_external_images_media_857.jpg

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Great purchase!

Those mods will definitely take it from stock to hott very quickly! The GT/CS front/Roush grille is currently(IMHO) the best looking front setup for these new body-style Mustangs.

Any performance mods planned?!

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Chris, ordered a 3d carbon GT500 spoiler from you yesterday.

As for performance, I want to put some miles on the car. It is the wife's car. The corvette is my car. Corvette is currently getting new heads/cam/blower so most of the performance money is going into the vette. I am thinking once we get to ~3k miles and the car is not a lemon of doing a tune/intake/x-pipe but the wife said I can't make it loud or ride rough. I told her I would go in 50/50 on a roush or whipple blower but she said no. I can put a blower on it but I would have to pay for it myself. She paid for all the looks mods.

Hopefully I can convince her it needs to be faster.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Yes it is. I wasn't happy. Ford and the dealer are working on making it right. The only options was to order another and wait another 9-10 weeks and hope it wasn't damaged, have them fix it, or go buy something else. Atleast this way we have a nice mustang.

Kadorja

FNG
Reaction score

As for performance, I want to put some miles on the car. It is the wife's car. The corvette is my car. Corvette is currently getting new heads/cam/blower so most of the performance money is going into the vette. I am thinking once we get to ~3k miles and the car is not a lemon of doing a tune/intake/x-pipe but the wife said I can't make it loud or ride rough. I told her I would go in 50/50 on a roush or whipple blower but she said no. I can put a blower on it but I would have to pay for it myself. She paid for all the looks mods.

Look no homo but lets get married i'll go 50/50 on you with a blower. And I'll take the Vette out for a spin too ^_^

You upgrading the blower on the Vette or installing a completely new one? My dad has a 06 LS3 Vette and with his LTs and Procharger he's making about 650. Have fun trying to hook up though they're soooo damn light the tires just roast in 3rd gear even with meaty NT05s.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Adding a blower. Made 550rwhp with just a cam. Now I'm doing a different cam, new ported heads and an A&A Vortech kit.

I even offered 60/40 on the blower and she said no.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Way to sling the American iron! The Stang is gonna look great. Sounds like the Vette is gonna hall some major ass in the near future! Grats.

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score

That's great, thanks for the support! The GT500 spoiler is a great look! The GT/CS front fascia compliments it really well and might be something to consider in the future!

The best way to convince her it needs to be faster is to take her to the track! Go to an 1/8th mile or 1/4 mile track and have her get the most out of what it is stock and if possible, have a faster car there with you to make her want to make hers faster. Works everytime!:clap:

Yes it is. I wasn't happy. Ford and the dealer are working on making it right. The only options was to order another and wait another 9-10 weeks and hope it wasn't damaged, have them fix it, or go buy something else. Atleast this way we have a nice mustang.

The important thing is that they are making it right for you. You should try to sweeten the deal a little bit for you on your end. I know when my dealer messed up my trunk taking another dealer's logo off to put theirs on, I was able to work in some "extras" like all-weather mats and some other little odds&ends. Then they destroyed one of my Brembos and stripped 3 of my 5 lugs and I never went back. lol.

Give them a chance to make it right and you will have a dealer for life if they do make it right. If not, move on and find someone who would appreciate your support! LOTS of dealers out there are hurting and would work very hard to gain your patronage!

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
I told them since they are painting the front end they can paint the wing when it shows up at no charge. They said they will look into it. Just got back from about 150 miles on it. Up to almost 200. So far it drives great.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
California Special Front Valcence with Fogs and Roush Grill. Got home and was bored so I just knocked it out.

content___media_external_images_media_862.jpg

content___media_external_images_media_864.jpg

Back