finally took "blown" motor apart

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Started taking the old motor apart finally and found out what was wrong with the old motor that was supposedly blown. Turns out a retainer on a valve spring on the front passenger side broke off. The spring just fell out when I took the valve cover off. Valve was stuck open.

I guess a replacement of the retainer is all it would have taken to fix the old motor but it already had almost 100K miles anyways.

Anyways, got the whole motor torn apart today. Going to get the heads P/P, forge the bottom end, ect. Going to be a drawn out process but I cant wait to get started.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweat at least the valve didnt fall in the engine and you can use the block still.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Good news.Amazing thats all it was,I know you had some procharged miles on that motor making really good numbers.That says a lot.

it really does. I figured there were gonna be some metal chunks missing on a piston or something. To think all it was is a spring. Could have been fixed cheap and still be running. lol

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Sounds good man, and sounds like it was a good excuse to build up a motor for your car. Should be a fun project; good luck.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back