Finished the build these are my issues:

probercr93

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, so I've finished my build and these are the issues I'm having:

First off for those of you who don't know my build the basics are in my sig...

So after 700 miles I finally decided to do a street race to see how my car is doing compared to before (and also a little bit of friendly shit talkin between me nd a local srt4 owner), and I found out that the popping out of 4th before wasn't just me not putting it all the way in. At first the tr6060 wouldn't go into 4th, then after a second try it went in and as soon as I hit the gas it popped right back out. The second run it went in flawlessly and didn't pop out. Anyone knows what could be the cause of this?

Btw I beat the srt-4 pretty bad (about 2 cars)

his mods were: custom tune @ 23 lbs of boost through the stock turbo, big ass intercooler, completely gutted with cage, and other bolt ons

Mine are basically what's in my sig with me @ 6 lbs of boost.

Anyway on to my second major issue... I'm not sure if this is because I had blown my old motor up and there is still oil in the system or if I'm getting to much oil to the turbo and it's blowing past the seals, or if I'm just getting oil into the cylenders, but just normal driving around I dont see a whole lot of oil from my exhaust unless I'm driving at a constant spead for a while, but if I get on it through 2nd and 3rd it'll pour blue smoke out of the exhaust. Anyone had problems with this and could give some input would be great.

Now on to the third problem. The car seems to be running warm even though the temp gauge reads perfect. Granted I'm just going by the stock dummy gauge but it should read fairly accurate, and once warmed up it doesn't move. Only reason I think it's running warm at all is because I can feel the warm air coming into the car, as before I couldn't feel anything. The only thing that I could see is because it's now an iron block, and the exhaust side of the turbo isn't ceramic coated (because I have a blanket for it, but as of right now the blanket wont fit)

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Edit: Oh and last thought. For some reason with the new suspension I'm getting horrible traction despite the much wider 295's I'm running now. Possibly pinion angle because of the 1" lowering from the upr springs or??? any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back