First go stock 14

chvyeter

Reaction score
First time at the track. Didn't remove any weight or even drop tire pressures. Ran best of 2.35 60ft 8.768 ET at 86 mph. Not horrible I suppose with stick car. I'm use to dropping the clutch and going but couldn't do it with this one. Tires are way too small from the factory. What's everyone running on the stock 18 inch wheel? Going to get two sets of wheels eventually. I'm sure tires would be the biggest help. Not sure how much BMR springs and control arms would help with the 235 tires.

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
I ran like an 8.2-8.3 @90 with my stock '14, mt82 with 3.31's, on 245/45/19's. What gears do you have? My 60's were in the 2.3x arena, not spinning, just launching like a pansy, didn't really know what the car liked at the time, it was new, and I was still learning it. 'Ve had the best luck now, with running the car up to ~3k, coming off the clutch quick so the car bogs, then matting it. It doesn't shock the tires, and the car pulls itself back through power, like an auto flashing the converter. Works well, doesn't spin, and I can yank my friends bolt on/drag radial 15's from a stop, so I can't be doing it all wrong lol.

chvyeter

Reaction score
I ran like an 8.2-8.3 @90 with my stock '14, mt82 with 3.31's, on 245/45/19's. What gears do you have? My 60's were in the 2.3x arena, not spinning, just launching like a pansy, didn't really know what the car liked at the time, it was new, and I was still learning it. 'Ve had the best luck now, with running the car up to ~3k, coming off the clutch quick so the car bogs, then matting it. It doesn't shock the tires, and the car pulls itself back through power, like an auto flashing the converter. Works well, doesn't spin, and I can yank my friends bolt on/drag radial 15's from a stop, so I can't be doing it all wrong lol.

The car is totally stock. Not sure what gears came on it to tell you.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
All 11-14 coyote auto's come from the factory with a 3.15.

chvyeter

Reaction score
His is an MT82

what he said lol. I've been out of the mustang world for a couple of years thanks to the military and had mine stored. Couldn't keep it when I got back :( Have a lot to learn about the new ones and things to relearn from the past.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
First time at the track. Didn't remove any weight or even drop tire pressures. Ran best of 2.35 60ft 8.768 ET at 86 mph. Not horrible I suppose with stick car. I'm use to dropping the clutch and going but couldn't do it with this one. Tires are way too small from the factory. What's everyone running on the stock 18 inch wheel? Going to get two sets of wheels eventually. I'm sure tires would be the biggest help. Not sure how much BMR springs and control arms would help with the 235 tires.

That's actually a pretty decent ET when considering the 2.35 60' imo. I'm sure with some tires, you'll see low-mid 8's

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Had a 13 GT manual before I traded last fall for the current car. Been a few years and I don't have the slip to refer to the 1/8th but I ran a best of 12.74 @ 113 on 285/40/18 Nitto 555's on a staggered setup stock in the 1/4. Ran 12.85 on the stock 19's prior to that change. Just have to leave easy and do a simple scuff burn out I found. No John Forces. Leaving at 2200-2500. Running a 3.31 gear in a manual MT-82 car. Hope that helps. Car fully stock. Loaded premium model w/nav and hauling the spare down the track. Made my first and only 000 R/T to date in that setup. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in an while.

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
His is an MT82

what he said lol. I've been out of the mustang world for a couple of years thanks to the military and had mine stored. Couldn't keep it when I got back :( Have a lot to learn about the new ones and things to relearn from the past.

Missed that. Apologies.

Manuals came with 3.31, 3.55 or 3.73 from the factory. 3.55 and 3.73 were optional.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Missed that. Apologies.

Manuals came with 3.31, 3.55 or 3.73 from the factory. 3.55 and 3.73 were optional.
Only optional on the S550s though right? S197's are 3.31's if it's factory manual I believed, unless it's a Brembo car with 3.73's?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
13,14's at least were available with option 3.55 or 3.73 rear ends. 3.31 was standard with the manual, 3.15 standard on the auto. I do believe the track package came with the 3.73 torsion setup and Brembos.

My 2005 GT came with 3.55. Verified the axle code before I bought the car.

I had a 3.73 put in mine at 500 miles. Pulled it out and put the 3.31 back in shortly after because I decided to go FI TVS....again. There's just something highly addictive about TVS blowers.Call it my weakness...

Last edited:

chvyeter

Reaction score
Had a 13 GT manual before I traded last fall for the current car. Been a few years and I don't have the slip to refer to the 1/8th but I ran a best of 12.74 @ 113 on 285/40/18 Nitto 555's on a staggered setup stock in the 1/4. Ran 12.85 on the stock 19's prior to that change. Just have to leave easy and do a simple scuff burn out I found. No John Forces. Leaving at 2200-2500. Running a 3.31 gear in a manual MT-82 car. Hope that helps. Car fully stock. Loaded premium model w/nav and hauling the spare down the track. Made my first and only 000 R/T to date in that setup. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in an while.

What kind of mods do you have to run low 11s? Trying to see what I need do to my car to improve ETs?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
What kind of mods do you have to run low 11s? Trying to see what I need do to my car to improve ETs?

Man that's a loaded question. There are a multitude of ways. It all depends on how you wish to use the car in my opinion. I could tell you one thing then someone else will claim another. Centri-SC, TVS-SC, turbo, NO2, or heavily modified N/A...its all how you wish to do it. NMRA Coyote stock class owners are doing it through suspension gearing and weight reduction and running well in the 10's or better. So there is yet another option with the Coyote 302. In fact in that class officials will reflash each cars PCM to ensure they have not modified the tune. IT's pretty cool. Read up on it.

I chose TVS. That's just what I like. Lots of torque and power and still able to get 22-24 MPG on 93 octane with awesome drive-ability. It's a matter of preference AND how much money you have to spend to do it YOUR WAY.

Sorry to be so vague, but there really isn't just one answer with the Coyote. I will say this. I have driven stick shift cars since I was 13 and first learned on a column shift helping my grandpa in the fields during the spring planting. I traded last year and went 6R80 auto. I don't regret it one bit. For a novice like me that doesn't bang the gears every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the local tracks it's a godsend. And it runs .5 seconds quicker on average than the 13 I had that made 50 more HP at the wheel. An experienced driver would have improved that of course. GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:

chvyeter

Reaction score
Man that's a loaded question. There are a multitude of ways. It all depends on how you wish to use the car in my opinion. I could tell you one thing then someone else will claim another. Centri-SC, TVS-SC, turbo, NO2, or heavily modified N/A...its all how you wish to do it. NMRA Coyote stock class owners are doing it through suspension gearing and weight reduction and running well in the 10's or better. So there is yet another option with the Coyote 302. In fact in that class officials will reflash each cars PCM to ensure they have not modified the tune. IT's pretty cool. Read up on it.

I chose TVS. That's just what I like. Lots of torque and power and still able to get 22-24 MPG on 93 octane with awesome drive-ability. It's a matter of preference AND how much money you have to spend to do it YOUR WAY.

Sorry to be so vague, but there really isn't just one answer with the Coyote. I will say this. I have driven stick shift cars since I was 13 and first learned on a column shift helping my grandpa in the fields during the spring planting. I traded last year and went 6R80 auto. I don't regret it one bit. For a novice like me that doesn't bang the gears every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the local tracks it's a godsend. And it runs .5 seconds quicker on average than the 13 I had that made 50 more HP at the wheel. An experienced driver would have improved that of course. GOOD LUCK!

Yeah I love autos for the track. I don't normally powershift a manual because I don't care to break it and have to replace it. I'm planning on a blower or turbo in the future. Thinking at the moment going with BMR suspension and springs, Boss intake, cold air and tune. Not sure what else I could do that's not involving a cam swap. I'm probably going to keep the gear ratio I have now since I'll be adding boost later.

chvyeter

Reaction score
I'm also thinking of getting Ford sport cat back since it has 3 inch on back.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I love autos for the track. I don't normally powershift a manual because I don't care to break it and have to replace it. I'm planning on a blower or turbo in the future. Thinking at the moment going with BMR suspension and springs, Boss intake, cold air and tune. Not sure what else I could do that's not involving a cam swap. I'm probably going to keep the gear ratio I have now since I'll be adding boost later.

I never power shifted either, but I never hum-hawed through them either. MGW shifter makes that a whole lot more possible and fun. Upgraded clutch really was a nice added bonus as well. BMR makes good stuff. I run their equipment. UCA and bracket would be the first place to begin. IN fact if I could do it again after seeing one, I'd do the upper in METCO. Awesome piece and only a few bucks more for the package. BMR rear drag springs are nice as well. Got them on the 14 as well as UCA and LCA's and so forth. A nice pair of shocks as well. I am running Lakewood 50/50's but after making that move learned about Strange one-way adjustable's for the 11-14 which don't run but a few bucks more a piece either. Strange fronts is what I will do when I get to that. Another value priced upgrade. NExt spring I am not sure if I will change up the exhaust and go long tubes, or spend the same amount on a Circle D 2C stall converter. Have to think about that through the snowy weather...YUK!

The Boss intake is a good choice I know (friend ran that) for a Centri SC setup. But as well the stock intake will do nicely also and that's cash towards that SC package if you seek to go centri....or turbo which would likely play the same way. Either way make sure to get a good Air-Air HE with the package which ever way you go. Most TVS packages come with one today.

Enjoy and good luck.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm also thinking of getting Ford sport cat back since it has 3 inch on back.

IF you plan on going offroad midpipe the bets bang for the buck as well as tone and little to no drone is the 10-12 GT500 single tipped exhaust. If my cats come off that is what I will go to. Magnaflow street series would be another option with the O/R midpipe but they will run a lot more but look great.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back