First GT in my area has arrived.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
saving pennies for the GT350. used, in like 2018-2019. man that was depressing to type.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
It could potentially be a flop for the gearhead crowd.
But selling global and having the EB that they're pushing so hard, they will probably do o.k.. lol
As of now, I just don't like it. The 2014 we have is much more appealing to us, than the new one I looked at.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I look at that car and I think if you want to modify a Mustang........ buy an older Mustang. It's gonna be expensive as fuck to do anything to that car. Part of why I sold my '05 a couple years back was the expense of mods. I just couldn't swallow the cost in comparison to the cost to mod the FOX-body I also had. Plus the higher insurance and payment. I'd love a 2011-2012, but shit the expense.

Unless I win the lotto, I'm out on doing anything other than putting wheels/tires and gas in a newer Mustang. I'd love to have a new Mustang, but I like having money in my pocket even more.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
No, it's al - lou - mini - um... Have a little class and speak like a bloody limey bastard

LOL... that is actually pretty funy.

Okay... for the spelling Nazis of the forum (you know who you are)... quick history lesson on Aluminum.

Aluminum was discovered and named by an English chemist named Sir Humphry Davy. He originally named the element Aluminium, but within a year, he found that the name was incorrect, based on the meaning of the underlying sub-parts of the word. Scientifically, Aluminum was the accurate and correct means of spelling the word. So, after only one year, he renamed it to Aluminum.

Many of the other scientists in his circle gave him a bit of grief because he named Aluminum with a UM, not IUM like other elements such as potassium, sodium, and magnesium, all of which had been named by Sir Humphry Davy. So, after 2 years of his co-worker busting his balls... he finally changed it back to Aluminium so they would shut up. However, through most of the rest of his life, the man who discovered and named the element Aluminum, continued to spell it UM instead of IUM.

Today, both spellings are accepted as correct on a global level, but some asshole scientists who think they know better than the guy who actually named it, still spell it Aluminium. Staying true to Davy's discovery and naming, companies like Reynolds Consumer Products uses the name as intended by Sir Humphry Davy when they discuss the element as well as name their products, like Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil.

I think its funny that it is the 3 most abundant element on earth and the single most abundant metal/alloy in the world, and people can't agree on how to spell or pronounce the name. So IUPAC accepts both spellings and both spellings have been added to the periodic table.

And I still don't believe those controls are aluminum.

Last edited:

REDS197

Reaction score
Cant wait to get mine! I had a 13 and completely disagree about the interior. 15 is much nicer and the capabilities will go well beyond the 11-14. Transmission has been beefed up as well as the forged rods with better cams and heads. I will have 800 to the wheel in about a month on the stock engine. I bet it lasts. Yes I pre-ordered the ford racing upgraded axles.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Cant wait to get mine! I had a 13 and completely disagree about the interior. 15 is much nicer and the capabilities will go well beyond the 11-14. Transmission has been beefed up as well as the forged rods with better cams and heads. I will have 800 to the wheel in about a month on the stock engine. I bet it lasts. Yes I pre-ordered the ford racing upgraded axles.

Have you actually been in one and driven one? You're welcome to your opinion obviously, but if you haven't been in one, you may be a bit let down.

As far as the mechanics go... this is the same motor and trans. Don't let advertising and a little stronger factory tune trick you into thinking you are getting something new. The 5.0 and MT82 are just that.

I'm keeping my 13 pretty much no matter what. I was hoping to add another Pony to the stable today, but for almost $38k, its not worth it to me.

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
I thought about ordering one but figured it would be the same car, just handle a little better and more composed in the turns. Every dime i save is going toward the gt350. It would be a waste to trade in my new track pack GT for pretty much the same car.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered one and will be trading my '13 GT auto. with the trade and the $500 cost under invoice.. my payments are the same...it will be delivered on Nov 5 ish...

I was a little worried about getting a job 1 version...since my days of modifying (and then blowing up engines) are over, a stock mustang that I drive everyday to work is all I want...

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
To my fellow Challenger owner.....buy the Hellcat!!

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
I don't Think FORD is planning on converting many 11-14 owners, after all many of them are still making payments on their other cars. But if you're an 05-10 owner then this car would be a monster upgrade for you and it's probably about time or beyond time.

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
I don't Think FORD is planning on converting many 11-14 owners, after all many of them are still making payments on their other cars. But if you're an 05-10 owner then this car would be a monster upgrade for you and it's probably about time or beyond time.

I think I agree here. For me this would be great, although it won't be happening, I bet it would be sweet. I would still try to hold out at least one more year though.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
LOL... that is actually pretty funy.

Okay... for the spelling Nazis of the forum (you know who you are)... quick history lesson on Aluminum.

Aluminum was discovered and named by an English chemist named Sir Humphry Davy. He originally named the element Aluminium, but within a year, he found that the name was incorrect, based on the meaning of the underlying sub-parts of the word. Scientifically, Aluminum was the accurate and correct means of spelling the word. So, after only one year, he renamed it to Aluminum.

Many of the other scientists in his circle gave him a bit of grief because he named Aluminum with a UM, not IUM like other elements such as potassium, sodium, and magnesium, all of which had been named by Sir Humphry Davy. So, after 2 years of his co-worker busting his balls... he finally changed it back to Aluminium so they would shut up. However, through most of the rest of his life, the man who discovered and named the element Aluminum, continued to spell it UM instead of IUM.

Today, both spellings are accepted as correct on a global level, but some asshole scientists who think they know better than the guy who actually named it, still spell it Aluminium. Staying true to Davy's discovery and naming, companies like Reynolds Consumer Products uses the name as intended by Sir Humphry Davy when they discuss the element as well as name their products, like Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil.

I think its funny that it is the 3 most abundant element on earth and the single most abundant metal/alloy in the world, and people can't agree on how to spell or pronounce the name. So IUPAC accepts both spellings and both spellings have been added to the periodic table.

And I still don't believe those controls are aluminum.

I was just talking about phonetically speaking. Have you ever heard a British person say aluminum?

Last edited:

REDS197

Reaction score
I have been in one. VERY NICE. I have also seen the skid-pad test that is better than the boss. Numbers don't lie.

I bought a base GT. It comes STANDARD with:

4 piston 14 inch front brakes
Track Apps
Reverse Camera
Sync
Power driver & passenger seat
Launch Control
Line Lock
Oil Cooler
Push Button Start
My Key
LED fog light

All of these are an upgrade over a 14 Base Gt. I paid $29900 for a car with a better motor and heads plus all of the above and handles better than a Boss. Its a no brainer.

This IS NOT the same motor. It has bigger valves and higher lift cams plus the boss rods!

Last edited:

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I still don't like the exterior, and I still think the interior looks and feels like a Focus ST got gangbanged by a bunch of horny undergrad design students.

Bah humbug.

joeymustang

forum member
Reaction score
I'd buy a '15 EB and just keep my '11 for modding the shit out of it. But...if I do that then why not spend less and get a Focus ST...jeezz my mind is a mess lol

I will not "upgrade" to a '15 from my '11 as I love my car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back