First GT in my area has arrived.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
No NAV, but it looks much better in person. Getting ready for a terst ride now.

Attachments

• IMG-20141007-00171.jpg
    IMG-20141007-00171.jpg
    495.8 KB · Views: 310

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Wow... how incredibly anticlimactic and truly disappointing that was. If you have a 13 or 14 5.0, I wouldn't give this car any consideration at all.

In person, this car look awesome outside. I loved it until I sat in it.

I have no idea WTF they did to the hood. It looks great outside, but looking over it to drive made me feel like the designers were retarded.

The interior is very cheaply put together. All the fake chrome plastic switches were loose in the dash and generally looks like crap. All of the controls moved in the hole they where mounted in on the dash. Did I mention all the fake chrome plated plastic everywhere? The seats were nice though.

As far as power and handling, there is zero felt difference between my 2013 and the 2015. I was not impressed after driving a 5.0 for the past few years. While I was driving, just looking out the windshield, I felt like I was driving my 2013.

Bottom line... No way in hell am I spending money on this car. It looks like a cheaper car with less quality of assembly and craftsmanship and no readily noticeable improvements.

Sorry Ford. I love you guys... but this was a fail.

IMG-20141007-00171.jpg

IMG-20141007-00173.jpg

IMG-20141007-00176.jpg

IMG-20141007-00174.jpg

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting back-brief. Thanks for sharing.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
So they tried to rape you on your trade in huh.

Lol j/k

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Everyone knows about the fake chrome switches. That is what most magazines griped about. However, this is why I am waiting for the GT350. Unless the IRS makes that much of a difference for what I do (it might, but I'll never know until a GT hits close by), I'm not really interested in stepping up to a newer 5.0 just yet.

BTW, was this an auto or manual? Curious to see if the manual has improved as Ford said it would.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
It still has an MT82. No change at all.

I didn't have a trade. Was gonna buy it outright.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Never buy the first year model of any car. In fact I've done quite well going for the 3rd-4th year versions. Let others go through the hassle of working out the bugs and dealing with recalls and TSB's. I'll get the 3rd revision that has all the bugs worked out.

This has worked very well with my last 4 vehicle purchases and each one has been exceptional with very few problems (except the 4R70W in my F150). With the new Mustang and F150 models this year I wouldn't consider buying one until at least 2017, unless you pick up a leftover 2014. I think the 2014 models will be the most trouble free versions for the next several years.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Never buy the first year model of any car. In fact I've done quite well going for the 3rd-4th year versions. Let others go through the hassle of working out the bugs and dealing with recalls and TSB's. I'll get the 3rd revision that has all the bugs worked out.

This has worked very well with my last 4 vehicle purchases and each one has been exceptional with very few problems (except the 4R70W in my F150). With the new Mustang and F150 models this year I wouldn't consider buying one until at least 2017, unless you pick up a leftover 2014. I think the 2014 models will be the most trouble free versions for the next several years.
Everyone says that....but if everyone followed that.....there'd never be any new cars, right? Anyway, my 2011 has been the best car I've owned.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
My ass is still frozen. LoL. Seriously, they look and feel more like a true bucket seat. And they had the same "bucket seat" style in the back. I liked them.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
WOW...thanks for the update... I thought I heard over and over and over again that the knobs and switches were real aluminum... NOT the fake chromed plastic? did I read that wrong??? maybe so...

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Dude, there is no way in hell that is aluminium. I had my hands on them. If they are AL, the are the thinnest cast crap switches I've ever seen in my life.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back