First Mod Successful..?????

hopesmasher

forum member
Reaction score
A different intake?? Was K&N a bad choice? It got great reviews online. I thought this was a solid brand.

stang72

Family of Stangs
Reaction score
A different intake?? Was K&N a bad choice? It got great reviews online. I thought this was a solid brand.

These cars are different form the old 5.0's.Any significant hp gain from a mod requires a tune.Therefore if your cai does'nt require a tune the gains or minimal.I would suggest a tuner/cai combo such as JLT,Steeda or C&L with a sct tuner.

hopesmasher

forum member
Reaction score
a new intake? I bought K&N because it got great reviews online and it has a solid reputation. Was this a bad choice?

stang72

Family of Stangs
Reaction score
a new intake? I bought K&N because it got great reviews online and it has a solid reputation. Was this a bad choice?

If you looking for seat of the pants power you can feel then yes.If it looks good under the hood and 5 to 10 hp is all your looking for then no.

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
hopesmasher, I can sell you my intake. Superchargers come with their own intakes so I don't need this one anymore. Below is my C&L Street intake. The tube there is made of aluminum. It is a high quality part.

Its your's shipped for $130. PM me.

You will need a programmer and email tune from Brenspeed, American Muscle, or somebody like that. Tell them what intake and other mods you have and they'll get you a tune.

With the tune and an intake you will have a very noticeable improvement in power and throttle response.

IMG_0241s.jpg

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
K&N has great filters...But there are definitely better intakes out there. I have a steeda and love it. My second choice would be JLT I think they look great. But get yourself a tuner and a intake and you will really notice the difference.:thumb:

yellowjohn1

forum member
Reaction score
There's nothing "wrong" with the intake you picked, but if you are planning on doing more performance mods, it will hold you back a lot.

whoapony

forum member
Reaction score
That's great that you did the install yourself! Nothing like the feeling of doing something yourself, now go get a Haynes manual, start reading and get your hands greasy by adding upgrades!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back