First Time at the track 11.8@116 @ HRP

ChiDiddy

forum member
Reaction score
As the title says, i decided i will take the car to Houston Raceway. It wasnt necessarily my first time (first time 2 years ago, pre supercharged and ran 14s). Weather was great and perfect for racing! I was so hyped this week, i bought some jegs pro stars 15x8, mounted on some MT ET Streets 28x11.5x15 and brought my car today for Richard @ Strictly Performance to check on her before i take it to the track.

I know no idea what the hell to do at the track, and Richard was kind enough to take me out back and teach me launching techniques and burnout techniques for my auto..(yes i didnt even know how to do a proper burn out).

Not only did i take my car out to the track as a super noob, i waas doing it on slicks, so i was terrified.

First run i got 11.992 @ 116.13 mph 1.899 ft and second run [email protected] mph 1.849 60ft . Im crazy happy and its nice to know my full weight daily driven baby can run very well in my book at the track with a driver thats knows shit about tracking........

Im addicted now and i want to return next week! I will try to post my vids up.

1069807671_6FNwn-L.jpg

VID HERE

Last edited:

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
Congrats, those are great numbers. Now that your cherry is popped your gonna be a track whore haha.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I was out there and actually saw your car. I was in the KONA BLUE 5.0 with 18s (ended up being another kona blue with 19s out there) and managed to knock off a 12.5!

Great looking car man and glad to see you are now addicted; I'm always game for HRP meets haha. I wish I were lucky enough to have someone catch a video of my car running the 12.5 haha, however I only got a video of a 12.80 @ 114 pass

Last edited:

ChiDiddy

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks! haha i saw you too man! My brother and friend were there also, the c63 and 335d. All just to have fun for the first time. Next time i go i will hit you up man. I will prolly take my gf and some friends again next time so youll get vids too!

Im addicted, just gotta find time!

btw is your tuned or completely stock???

Last edited by a moderator:

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I guess I have to stop saying stock since it's not exactly stock. The car has an sct programmer on it; can't wait to get a BBR Xtreme tune and get back out there especially if this type of weather stays. This is my first manual car and I have only had it for a month so my 60' blows for now.

I believe Scott got a picture of my car and it will be posted in a few days on his site; it'll be worth you checking for yours as well. http://www.ssracingphotos.com/

ChiDiddy

forum member
Reaction score
vid uploaded in original post.

Man thats very good especially considering its your first manual. I had no idea they took pics! I hope i find mine soon.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice runs. I will be home from Brazil on the 17th of Nov and plan on making a trip to HRP the 19th. Hopefully you can make it that night. You and I would be a good match up. Love me some close racing.

I don't even really care who comes out on top (in T&T haha) just like to run someone that is close to my times.

(plus that will be the last time at the track with the current engine. Of course, I said that last month too....)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back