First time to the drag strip!

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
So that's one out of how many?

My point is that something can break on most factory cars. Remember the 13-14s twisting up axle tubes?

Thanks Steve, I plan on doing just enough to get rid of the wheel hop and have traction.

This isn't the only one man. It's a KNOWN weak point. These were even aftermarket half shafts by the way. :boxed:

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Spend some time on the s550 forum, it's quite the hot topic

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Just browsed over on MustangG6, and it's exactly what I thought it would be. 3.5K+RPM launches on a DR on tuned GTs. Those guys also sound like a bunch of idiots. So many what exhaust should I get threads, SMH.

I'll stay untuned for awhile like I planned, and fix the wheel hop, which also seems to be a contributing factor to snapped half shafts.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
What about running an actual slick? The soft sidewall helps save the half shafts on the earlier Cobras.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure violent wheel hop has killed more half shafts than dead hooking on slicks, at least this seams to be the case on the older 04 Cobras that I used to read about. I put a solid axle in my old 04 Cobra because of all the horror stories, so I can't speak from actual experience on this, but I've read a lot on the subject. I say figure out the wheel hop, before upgrading the axles.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back