Flat Tire, how do you jack it?

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
So I have a 2007, it is lowered about an inch and has 2007 Shelby wheels. Not all that long ago I had a blowout on the interstate. I couldn't get the factory jack under the car. Fortunately for me a guy stopped that had a block of wood that I could pull up onto. This saved the day so now I carry a block of wood with me. I also have ARP long studs so I have ratchet and deepwell socket so I can get the lug nuts off. Anyone else deal with such issues and what have you done to deal with it? 356567717_143437618736503_101159674142648856_n.jpg Image - Copy (201).jpeg

AHaze

Reaction score
Never crossed my mind to check if the factory jack still fits under my car but I definitely will now. I do drive up on 2X10s to get my hydraulic floor jack under it in the garage.

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
Is it a wood jack ?
LOL, sort of, I use a piece of 2x10 about 2 feet long. It's just enough that if the tire is flat and I drive up on it, I can still use the factory jack. Prior to having the wood I was stuck! car was too low to get the factory jack under it with a flat. I thought of a low profile jack but the block of wood doesn't take up much space and was some scrap I had so no cost!

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
Never crossed my mind to check if the factory jack still fits under my car but I definitely will now. I do drive up on 2X10s to get my hydraulic floor jack under it in the garage.
I never thought of it either until I was on the side of the interstate and the jack wouldn't fit!

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
the oem scissor jack doesn't fit underneath the car anymore?

My car is way lower than yours and it still fits. You can't get a floor jack under it, even a low profile one, but the scissor jack still fits.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I don't carry a spare anymore but back in the day I would lift the car a couple of inches with my left hand and slide the jack under with my right.

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
the oem scissor jack doesn't fit underneath the car anymore?

My car is way lower than yours and it still fits. You can't get a floor jack under it, even a low profile one, but the scissor jack still fits.
when it had a flat I could not get the OEM jack under the car. It was close but not without the board. Not sure why. As far as I know it's the OEM jack.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back