Fluid concepts twin turbo

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
I recently contacted them about their twin turbo setup for the coyote. While I was asking some details on that. I asked if there was plans for a 3-valve versions. U can find details on the system threw face book and website. I don't know if this breaks any rules with the forum but again just sharing what I was told. A new product will be coming for the 3-valve.uploadfromtaptalk1398015807772.jpg

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
they've been working on this set up for a while.

The 3V set up will not be out till the Coyote platform is in full production. Lund used to be a sponsor here and there are a few threads on the set up.

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
Oh I didn't know that I see they are casting the headers.

yes i know,I make mistakes typing & no I don't care.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
not headers, exhaust manifolds, if you search the site, the first few test cars were members here, Ken actually bought one of the "Alpha" cars for his personal use.

"Bud" has gone 8s with the set up as well (modified from the standard kit)

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
I ain't trying be a dick but isn't headers and exhaust manifold the same? Forward facing turbo header vs. Cast is same thing or at least the same function. Just one is tubular and the other is cast. Just asking cause u seemed to correct me previously.

yes i know,I make mistakes typing & no I don't care.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Based on my understanding, they are not the same, they have a similar function - to remove exhaust gases from the engine, however the flow, heat characteristics and design are very different.

Hell even Ken calls them manifolds

Driver's side manifold is done! Now the 2 finished production manifolds will go on Jon's car for testing. If that goes well we have a few more sets of raw castings to build the beta cars. And we will place the big order with the foundry. Finally coming along!

mani21.jpg

mani22.jpg

mani23.jpg

Last edited:

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
not headers, exhaust manifolds, if you search the site, the first few test cars were members here, Ken actually bought one of the "Alpha" cars for his personal use.

"Bud" has gone 8s with the set up as well (modified from the standard kit)

Actually I'm running the stock kit, no modifications. Stock cold side piping, stock downpipes, stock a2w intercooler. I've just added injectors/pump and a trunk ice tank. I am running their test hand made manifolds, I would like to get my hands on a pair of those cast ones to see if they do hold heat in better and flow any different.

I believe the manifolds are cast exactly the same between the coyote and 3v, just different bolt hole locations. So they get cast with provisions for both then get machined for whichever motor they are to go on.

Has definitely taken them awhile, but I think it will be worth it. It is more of a full program vs just buying a turbo kit. I'l be a liar if I said I wasn't biased though

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back