Focus keyfob programming procedure...anyone know how to?

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My wife gave me one for the '07 GT/CS, but it pains me to pay the stealership to program it...can anyone help me out?

Last edited:

shard phoenix

Reaction score
Got two originals? If so its cake.
For the remote fob:
Stick a key in the ignition cylinder, and turn it forward to run then back to off 9 times within 10 seconds, the locks will cycle. Then hit the lock or unlock button on your key fob, wait 2 seconds and do the next one. You have to program all the fobs at the same time.

To program the keys themself:
Install 1 programmed key and turn the ignition to the run position for 3 seconds, remove 1st key and install second programmed key and turn ignition to the run position for 3 seconds, next install the unprogrammed key and turn the ignition to the run position for 3 seconds.... vehicle should start.

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Ok, so just to recap:

After I stick a key in the ignition cylinder, I then turn it forward to run then back to off 7 times within 10 seconds?

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yeap, just count everytime u go on, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 live it, the locks will move, then u just click the key fobs and they should work. the doors have to be closed.

CataclysmGT

forum member
Reaction score
Owners manuals FTW! BTW, they do say to READ FIRST before operating the vehicle. :p

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Owners manuals FTW! BTW, they do say to READ FIRST before operating the vehicle. :p

Correct it is, but I wasn't ass-u-ming the procedure was the same for the different car/keyfobs (not the same PN).

Anyhow, got the key cut, and the keyfob programmed.

Last edited:

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Might actually get a pair of those keys, where do I get ´em?

Que bonitos los aros manito! :clap:

You get them at the Ford "stealership"...just ask for the Focus keyfob...it was $120 with tax included.....not cheap, but worth it IMHO because it looks like it belongs to a car from this century!

superfly s197

Mods at bargain prices!
Reaction score

You get them at the Ford "stealership"...just ask for the Focus keyfob...it was $120 with tax included.....not cheap, but worth it IMHO because it looks like it belongs to a car from this century!

+1

Avoid the Ebay ones. There has been issues with those. I myself had to deal with those issues. The actual key breaks off the fob. Better to do it right the first time :thumb:

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet looking ride, superfly s197! :thumb:
My Perf White '07 GT/CS came with the GT App pkg, which means the butt-ugly fake hood scoop, but I just bought a take-off hood from Dread54, and it was painted Tuesday, so I'm going in Monday to get it swapped out.

superfly s197

Mods at bargain prices!
Reaction score
Thank you :beer:

The fact that it didn't come with the factory scoop was the reason I walked out with this specific Gt/Cs. The side scoops grew on me though lol.

It's been fun modding the exterior. I still need the SHR lower grille insert, black with polished tip bullitts, and some minor details elsewhere. :beerdrink:

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score

lol !!

Aye man thanks!

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thank you :beer:

The fact that it didn't come with the factory scoop was the reason I walked out with this specific Gt/Cs. The side scoops grew on me though lol.

It's been fun modding the exterior. I still need the SHR lower grille insert, black with polished tip bullitts, and some minor details elsewhere. :beerdrink:
I hear ya...there was one like that at my dealer, but it didn't have the charcoal aluminum dash, had the parchment/charcoal interior and it had 3.31's; and I prefered the charcoal aluminum dash, dove grey/charcoal interior and 3.55's. I just got the SHR lower grill for Christmas, and washed tha car last night, so install will probably be today/tomorrow, plain hood on Monday. I also replaced the stock rear wing with the GT500 spoiler and the GT500 rims (like MexGT).

superfly s197

Mods at bargain prices!
Reaction score
Yeah, you made the better choice there.

SHR's lower grille insert is one of the final exterior mods left. The second is light tint tail light overlays. Did the same spoiler mod. Also added the Agent 47 mirrors and a vinyl blackout panel. Only thing left is my rims which I'm still on the fence on which way to go.

DSC_0046a.jpg

ddd.jpg

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet. Perhaps the best body "kit" out there for the S197....the GT/CS w/o hood scoop, and with the GT500 spoiler. We have some good looking cars. Unfortunately I have to have a front lic plate in TX, so the lines aren't as clean as yours.
Is that the shorty antenna I see on your car also? I need to do that mod.....

superfly s197

Mods at bargain prices!
Reaction score
Yeah, the GT500 spoiler seems to follow the body lines best IMO.

The shorty antenna is just the stock antenna cut down. Pretty simple. Cut down to size. Pop the ball out. Glue the ball back on and repaint. :thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back