Fontana Private Track Day In car/ outside vids

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, tomorrow I am going to put the smack down on a 2.6H Kenne Bell, a 2.3 whipple and two 3.4 whipples.

You all got head up bitches.

Will post up the vids tomorrow---I will have some in car video of the 1/4 mile races of me against Ken3030 and GT4Dino, and probably Sawyers car and Brandi's car. The wifee will have the second video camera.

I suspect that since CA Speedway weather conditions always SUCK, that no new bests will be had tomorrow, but there should be some awesome racing caught on video regardless.

Hopefully we will all get plenty of passes to---unlike last time where they did not have a clean up crew--and when a truck blew up they had to shut down one of the lanes, and the track event next door "stole" our ambulance and we couldn't race for 30 minutes really pissed off alot of people. If its not better this time this will be the last private event at this track that I will attend, thats for sure.

Here is the video: Adam's black car has been absent fromt the track for a while, thus the music by AC/DC
[SFIRE]Mustang-Drag-Racing-CA_166210[/SFIRE]

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good luck - hope it's better organized for you guys this time.:beer:

What are the times it is running? I may come down to watch you guys and cheer you on.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Come on down---you can watch while I put everyone else on the trailer.

To bad this event is just a little bit too early for you and Don. Then again, if anyone really wants to put down a number--then in my opinion its either FAMOSO, Sacramento, or Phoenix (with the right weather). CA Speedway weather always sucks and tomorrow will be no exception. 95 degrees and "only" a 6mph headwind.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yep - I'll be going to famoso for sure when she's finished up.

What are the times it is running tomorrow? (the event)

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gates open at 8am, racing starts at 9am (probably more like 930 or 10) and finishes at 5pm.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm going to come out around lunch time.:beer:

Mark

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of sheet talkin for such and itsy bitsy blower.:leghump:
I hope my car is all set because my redfire rocket is heading north right after I get back from Cancun on the 23rd:clap:
Good luck to everyone and be safe:thumb::beerdrink:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Sure... call out a guy who's driving a Dodge Intrepid these days. :moon:

BTW, if I was running at Fontana tomorrow, I bet it would be a new personal for me... even in the heat. haha

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Poor Track Prep - High temps version II

Private Track Day 6/13/08 Results:

First--the DA was 3700. Second--the track prep sucked, no one was hooking, most were off at least .2 from their typical 60' times. You can see in the videos how much everyone was spinning.

Adams black car ran a 10.25 @ 131
Kens 3.4 Whipple ran a 10.60 @ 130
Dean ran a 10.85 @ 130
I ran a 11.08 @ 125
I do not know what Brandi's best ET was, but I know the car mph at least 125, and I believe JSawyers car mph at 124. I raced Sawyers car but both cars spun all over the place, but I got the win light.

Paul with the V8 Miata and also the supercharged GTO also joined the fun.

So the races:

I raced Paul in the Miata and JSawyers car, I got the win light on both. I also took out a C6 Vette (mods unknown) but the license plate basically said "you would lose" (not going to spell it out exactly for courtesy).

Dean beat Ken once, then on the rematch Ken beat Dean, so they were each 1 and 1.

Then Ken went up against Adams black car -- lost twice to Adam -- but the difference was traction as they were both mph really close (131 to 129/130)

Even though it was hot and the DA sucked big time (3700), I think it would have been a good time if the track was prepped. It was not, everyone was spinning, and that made it disappointing, especially since we all paid $115 each to race. I think I am done with anymore private track days at this track. I will race at FAMOSO, get way better track prep and conditions, and pay $20 instead of $115.

I am working on a video now, will post up in a few hours.

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Private Track Day 6/13/08 Results:

So the races:

Dean beat Ken once, then on the rematch Ken beat Dean, so they were each 1 and 1.

Actually, Ken and I only raced once, and the 2.6KB Whimple Whomper took him out!!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep - I called Ken at about noon and was on my way up. Once he told me you (Paul) ran an 11-something, I said forget it and turned around and went back to work. I didn't want to drive 60 miles for that. I know you weren't going to hit any 'bests' but it sounds like 'worst' was more in the equation with the track conditions. Ken said something about shortage of water too.

This is really shaping out to be a piss off for the private track rental. I got to tell you though, it must be that company's relationship with the track. (the company that does the track day - it's the same one as the last 2 times)
cause when my uncle rents the track for testing, it is prepped as good as a pro event even with only one lane!

That sucks and sorry for you guys - that's a lot of money to spend to run a lot slower than you know you can.

Yep, Famoso is where to go. I'll only go to Fontana if it is an organized event. Looking forward to the vids anyway.

I am very surprised though that sawyer's car only MPH a 124 - despite the terrible conditions, I really thought his car would be in the 130 range with adam and ken. Then again, with the conditions and spinning as they were, I guses you really don't know anyway what the mph 'really' is.

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah I raced Dean and had a way worse 60ft time I guess when you have such a small blower and it does not make that much power you can hook easier. :moon: Next time will be different. My car is running like a striped assed ape. Adam really has the tune working now. If it hooks and does not break the tranny it will really go. We will see.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ken---I thought you guys raced again and you took him out with a 10.60? No? Lets set the record straight on that--as on video I only have Dean beating you.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
$115 not to bad compared to the NJ tracks. Here its more like 150-200/ car for the day. but you can, if u want u can get 25-30 passes!

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah I raced Dean and had a way worse 60ft time I guess when you have such a small blower and it does not make that much power you can hook easier. :moon: Next time will be different. My car is running like a striped assed ape. Adam really has the tune working now. If it hooks and does not break the tranny it will really go. We will see.

God is good to me, what else can I say :thumb: You ever hook with that beast, and we'll be talking recertification time though Ken!! Glad to see your car running so strong buddie :beer:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, Famoso is where to go. I'll only go to Fontana if it is an organized event. Looking forward to the vids anyway.

I am very surprised though that sawyer's car only MPH a 124 - despite the terrible conditions, I really thought his car would be in the 130 range with adam and ken. Then again, with the conditions and spinning as they were, I guses you really don't know anyway what the mph 'really' is.

Yeah, my best pass on Friday ranks #38 on my timeslip spreadsheet. So I definitely wasn't even close--and I was 4mph slower then just the previous Friday at FAMOSO. So that being said--I am sure JSawyers car would mph at least 128 at Famoso.

I am uploading the video to streetfire now---its pretty good if I do say so myself.

Back