Ford apparently isn't paying Motor Trend enough in advertising dollars

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
In their V6 comparison with the Camaro, Challenger, Mustang, and Genesis coupe, the Mustang had the best 0-60 time, best 1/4 mile time, best 1/4 mile trap speed, shortest braking distance, best handling numbers, lightest curb weight, and the lowest sticker price by over $6,000, but came in second place because the Genesis had non factory camber bolts installed an a non factory alignment done to get -2.1 degrees of camber.

If they are allowing camber bolts and an alignment on one car, why not allow it on all three?

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...10_camaro_rs_vs_2010_challenger_se/index.html

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
motortrend...didnt they also test a 1999 SS Camaro to a 14.4 quarter mile along side a 1999 Cobra? yeah i think so...either them or Road & Track. Either way i put exactly 0 into anything those guys have to say about any kind of "performance" car. they have a hard on BMWs too btw

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1st place: Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track
"The only one that looks and feels like a sports car. Surprise, we liked it best."

Hey, it got number one in the figure eight, of course it should win.

4LiterSonic

Banned
Reaction score
Cause "Fuck 'em." That's why.

That vee-six mustang ain't not gonna be no sports car. Not now..not never, dog-gonnit.
-_-

Anyway...Motor Trend sucks. I put zero stock in any of their reviews. They've been nut-riding Chevy so hard it isn't even funny.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
It's only motortrend, nobody performance-oriented takes them seriously. These are the guys that prefered the 2010 Camaro to the 2010 Mustang, then go on to bash the Camaro pretty hard in this review. Continuity is completely lost on them. One review they love a car, next they are hating on it.

Anyway, I don't think the Mustang has too much to worry about in this group, I'd bet every dollar I have that it will destroy the competition in sales. The Genesis looks like a mutiliated version of the Tiburon.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Apparently the camaro just won a "no traction" award in some burnout contest o.0

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd give it to the Genesis too. I like the look of the V6 Stang better. Remember this though, the V6 Mustang is the lowest end Mustang there is. There is still the GT and GT500. The V6 Genesis is the highest end car Hyundai makes.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I'd give it to the Genesis too. I like the look of the V6 Stang better. Remember this though, the V6 Mustang is the lowest end Mustang there is. There is still the GT and GT500. The V6 Genesis is the highest end car Hyundai makes.

:wtf: :crazy:

What does it being base model have anything to do with it?
Fact: The base model stang is a better overall car than the "high-end" genesis.
All that proves is that Hyundai's best attempt is not good enough to beat Ford's lowest car... Ford base model stang>:chainsaw:<Hyundai "high-end" genesis

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:wtf: :crazy:

What does it being base model have anything to do with it?
Fact: The base model stang is a better overall car than the "high-end" genesis.
All that proves is that Hyundai's best attempt is not good enough to beat Ford's lowest car... Ford base model stang>:chainsaw:<Hyundai "high-end" genesis

I think u misinterpreted what explicit said, he was saying the same thing you did.

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe their vagina's got hurt because ford didn't give them stang equipped with the premium package with leather, navi etc...

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
LMAO! ^^^

That crossed my mind too! I can see why the douche wears sun glasses every time he does a video. If he didn't, you'd be able to see he's full of shit up to his eyeballz!

Gerardo

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Because Motor Turd should be renamed Import Turd magazine. Cocksuckers should be based out of central Europe.

Top it all off......none of the motherfuckers can drive either.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back