Ford Racing Boss 302R Electric Steering Rack M-3200-EPAS

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Despite this being designed for road racing/racing tires - how does this compare to the stock EPAS rack? Would it work with the computer input of normal/comfort/sport settings?

applesauce683

forum member
Reaction score
Despite this being designed for road racing/racing tires - how does this compare to the stock EPAS rack? Would it work with the computer input of normal/comfort/sport settings?

The only real reason for anyone to purchase this is if they have aftermarket A-Arms, stiffer A-Arm bushings, and/or wide sticky front tires. This rack will eliminate the steering shutter and ESC intervention you get with the stock rack. I have no idea if it works with the different steering settings, I used this with a 2011 and I didn't have that feature.

Looks like one boot was removed. Was an inner tie-rod replaced?

Good eye, yes I took a peek under that boot because I was getting a strange noise in the front left suspension area, but everything was fine with the tie rod and just to be sure I put the stock rack back in and the noise was still present, so this rack is good to go.

Medman

Reaction score
The noise you have, does it sound like what a normal bad power steering sound would be? I'm curious as I considered getting this rack to replace my stock one. But I haven't modified anything but Koni yellows in the front. The noise I get definitely is from the rack area.

applesauce683

forum member
Reaction score
The noise you have, does it sound like what a normal bad power steering sound would be? I'm curious as I considered getting this rack to replace my stock one. But I haven't modified anything but Koni yellows in the front. The noise I get definitely is from the rack area.

No, mine was more of a rubbing/rattling noise.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back