Ford racing handling pack? any good?

Loudmouth1o

forum member
Reaction score
so i have been looking for suspension upgrade for a while now, and have not been able to decide. i came across this pacage and the price is cheap, i was wondering how the kit handles? i would of course be changing the springs to either h&r sport springs or possibly just an eibach prokit?

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=152

all info on this pack is appreciated? how is the ride uality for daily driver?

usafimj

Reaction score
Not bad since you get a free set of FRPP lowering springs. Get some LCA's w/ brackets & Adj Panhard Bar and you'll have a nice set up.

Loudmouth1o

forum member
Reaction score
Do you think it is worth it though? i was gonna go with tokico shocks/struts though do you think the ford racing ones are just as good?

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
Its not really worth it if you want better handling and a better ride. I had the FRPP pack with the shocks, springs, sway bars, and strut tower brace on my silver 2008 GT. It doesn't handle nearly as well or ride as nice as my red 2008 GT with the Koni Yellow Sport shocks and Steeda sport springs. The ride was harsher than stock and the car still dodn't feel planted on bumpy corners.

With just the Koni shocks on the rear and stock springs on all 4 corners, the rear end stopped hopping around when I hit bumps in corners. With the Koni shocks and steeda springs on all 4 corners, its a completely new and different car.

I'd wait a little while and put some money aside and do the suspension right the first time. If you don't ant to spend the ~$1,000 for the Koni Sports and Steeda springs, you probably can get the same results without the adjustability by going with the Koni STR.T shocks and Steeda springs.
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=724&CategoryID=64&ModelID=5

You may benefit from giving Sam Strano a call and tell him what you want and what your budget is and he can tell you hwo to get the results you want.

Loudmouth1o

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link i will deffiently give them a call. i was wondering if you think instead of the steeda sport springs that a different spring maybe with a lower stance still work just as well? i mean like either steeda extreme sport springs or maybe leik a eibach pro-kit?

also what else would i need to invest in for suspension, panhard ? lower arm control? rear sway?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back