Ford Racing has been hard at work on the eco boost mustang...check it!!!!

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
So they are leaving all of the other ecoboost owners in the dark who want more power. How nice of them. My point is these engines have been out for awhile and they reach their limit because no one offers a fuel upgrade for them. All of a sudden FRPP has one????

The fuel pup(s) will make about 400hp/520tq. Not enough to max a V-6 EB out, but enough to get quite a bit more out of the 4cyl.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The fuel pup(s) will make about 400hp/520tq. Not enough to max a V-6 EB out, but enough to get quite a bit more out of the 4cyl.
I understand that, i have a friend with a fully modded Focus ST, he is upset that noone has a fuel system yet. He is on E85 already and his fuel system is pretty close to maxed out.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I understand that, i have a friend with a fully modded Focus ST, he is upset that noone has a fuel system yet. He is on E85 already and his fuel system is pretty close to maxed out.

Has he tried adding a bigger lift pump? That helps.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
I knew I had seen this before... It is an old 240z that has been photo shopped!

IM002656.jpg

OK, Kidding... But The more I look at this car the more it reminds me of the 70's 240z...

claudermilk

Reaction score
So they are leaving all of the other ecoboost owners in the dark who want more power. How nice of them. My point is these engines have been out for awhile and they reach their limit because no one offers a fuel upgrade for them. All of a sudden FRPP has one????

Well, I'd say all of a sudden FRPP does because all of a sudden there is an EB in a Mustang. We will see what shows up in their catalog in the near future.

Also, that image looks to me like a video frame grab.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Why all the bickering about this, it's one teaser pic and no details. Give it a little time and FRPP will release all the details, as for what they release for the car? Time will tell.

Personally I can appreciate any engine that makes good power whether it's a single, twin, triple all the way to 12 or 16 cylinders and I'll even toss in rotarys.

It's all good, instead of complaining about the 2.3 turbo 'Stang we should all be encouraging perfomance mods for them and then encouraging their owners to go out and do Ford and the Mustang community proud by laying the smack down on the competitors V8 cars.

-Steve

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Why all the bickering about this, it's one teaser pic and no details. Give it a little time and FRPP will release all the details, as for what they release for the car? Time will tell.

Personally I can appreciate any engine that makes good power whether it's a single, twin, triple all the way to 12 or 16 cylinders and I'll even toss in rotarys.

It's all good, instead of complaining about the 2.3 turbo 'Stang we should all be encouraging perfomance mods for them and then encouraging their owners to go out and do Ford and the Mustang community proud by laying the smack down on the competitors V8 cars.

-Steve
QFT:beerchug2:

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score

-Steve

I can't speak for anyone else but for me I embrace the ecoboost. I think its a refreshing change. My point was I just thought it was crazy to see a pic like that, with a launch like that, on a new engine combo with no aftermarket offerings rumored openly. Other than cj's I dont remember in 2010 when the 5.0s were coming out seeing pics like this from ford.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No bickering lol, i simply dont like the thought of a 4 or a 6 in any muscle car. I bleed V8 through and through. I dont care how fast they are.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
No bickering lol, i simply dont like the thought of a 4 or a 6 in any muscle car. I bleed V8 through and through. I dont care how fast they are.
I hear you, but the surge of diesel like torque I get and the turbo whistle in my EB F150 just about makes up for the lack of sound vs the 5.0 trucks. I know we are talking about the 2.3EB vs the 5.0, but I would jump on a 3.5 EB Mustang and not feel bad about it.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score

Technically a Mustang isn't a Muscle Car, it's a Pony Car :whistling:

Muscle cars were GTOs, RoadRunners, A-body GMs like the 442, SS, GS and GSX cars etc.

If you go back to the beginning of the use of the two terms the Mustang is obviously the origin of the Pony Car which would include Camaros, Firebirds, Challengers, Cuds etc and if you follow along the lines of separation from back in the 60s-70s there isn't actually anything today that really qualifies as a Muscle Car.

Unless of course we just ditch the Pony Car category all together and just lump in anything fast as a Muscle Car. :beerchug2:

-Steve

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I think modern muscle is appropriate.
I don't think Ford even wants this label anymore. Not with the Mustang going global. Muscle car=can't do anything but go in a straight line to anyone outside of the US (and many people in America think that too).

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score

-Steve

:beerchug2:

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I don't think Ford even wants this label anymore. Not with the Mustang going global. Muscle car=can't do anything but go in a straight line to anyone outside of the US (and many people in America think that too).

See, that's what Pony Cars were for. Handling. Just look back at the cars that ran in the original Trans-Am series.

-Steve

Back