Ford Racing has been hard at work on the eco boost mustang...check it!!!!

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, treed me by 25 minutes. But I'll embed the video.

thanks man - wouldn't embed from my phone...

timeslips_zpsa2a8441b.jpg

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ford is gonna sell a lot of the upgraded half shafts.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Man... awesome 60' times on factory suspension.

Ford is gonna sell a lot of the upgraded half shafts.
The real thing to take from that is the upgraded rear sub frame they put on. All three models had it. Which one is the weaker point? The half shafts or the sub frame? Most guys will go straight for axles I feel, leaving the sub frame. Or leaving both stock, throwing on some sticky tires and cracking the sub frame. That wouldn't be a cheap or easy repair. I feel that if they took the time to upgrade it, it will be a necessary mod for the track and hooking and setting those 60' times safely.

Last edited:

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
So a 12.58 with only a tune and exhaust as far as HP mods go. Not bad.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
The real thing to take from that is the upgraded rear sub frame they put on. Which one is the weaker point? The half shafts or the sub frame? Don't want to see guys upgrading axles then cracking their sub frames. Or leaving both stock, throwing on some sticky tires and cracking the sub frame. That wouldn't be a cheap or easy repair.

It's not a upgraded subframe, it's only subframe bushings.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Watson is developing a lightweight rear subframe for it. It will be solid mount so not for the faint of heart.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
If you are making any numbers that are fast enough to require a roll bar (4 point or better), then you should be doing weld-in subframe connectors, then bolting and welding your roll bar to that.

Chassis flex is the body using up energy to twist everything, instead of using energy to make the car go forward. You need to stiffen up the body to get rid of flex. The subframe connectors and roll bars will work together to do that.

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
If always been a fan of factory turbo cars. Still own my Nissan 300zxtt, turbos respond so much better to bolt on mods. I'm excited for the ecoboost, in fact I think I'm choosing that over the v8. I'm sure in the future a turbo and fuel system upgrade will see these cars putting down 450hp to the wheels all day long.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back