• CMDP

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • None of the above

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

darrens07gt

forum member
Reaction score
I've been holding off on the dyno tune for the nitrous on my car for months because it's not something I want to do twice and I wasn't sure if I was done with Bolton mods yet. So I made the decision to ditch the Spectre air intake and replace it with a JLT series 3 CAI. I just can't stand the idea of a pep boys piece of crap being in my car (original owner installed it). So the bigger MAF will require a re-tune. I've also decided to go ahead and get an underdrive pulley for the few extra ponies and hopefully slightly better gas mileage. This leaves the last and final decision before nitrous dyno tune.

Intake manifold. This car will remain NA with a small 75 or 100 shot (depends on what I dyno NA as to which jets I will use). So for this use would I be best off getting a ford racing intake manifold & throttle body, CMDP or none of the above?

46addict

Reaction score
Gains from an intake manifold are marginal considering how much they cost. I would get the delete plates and maybe a throttle body and call it a day.

Also if you're looking the buy underdrive pulleys I have a set of Steedas for sale for $120.

jhunt47

forum member
Reaction score
From what I've read the intake is good for forced induction. I would go cmdp I felt a decent bump in power. If you get a good tune you shouldn't feel any lose down low. I have a set of Stedda cmdp I'm wanting to sell make you a good deal on. They are only 3 months old.

darrens07gt

forum member
Reaction score
Gains from an intake manifold are marginal considering how much they cost. I would get the delete plates and maybe a throttle body and call it a day.

Also if you're looking the buy underdrive pulleys I have a set of Steedas for sale for $120.

I thought throttle body's by themselves weren't worth the expense for a mostly NA car? I wasn't even sure if CMDP is worth it but that's why I posted this poll.

You have the regular Steeda underdrive pulleys and not just the Steeda underdrive crank pulley? I would be interested in the regular pulleys (item# 001-705).

jhunt47

forum member
Reaction score
Have you bought the cold air intake yet?

Last edited:

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
On another forum a member did a side by side comparison of the dyno sheets, stock intake with cmdp's and frpp intake manifold. The frpp intake lost low end torque but gained power up top and the cmdp's had gains in the mid range but not as much up top. There was a small difference in the two but it looked like the stock intake with the cmdp's was the better combo for the street anyway. Plus the stock intake flows decent up to 7k rpms, shy of the frpp obviously but its not a limiting factor. I like the look of the frpp intake but IMO its for a drag car with fi.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
For what you are doing, niether.

There are multiple dyno sheets on this page that show CMDPs as being meaningless. I had them with a tune and I can also tell you they do nothing. Boost guys get them because they are afraid of the butterflies breaking off. The FRPP will realistically do nothing for you. you might actually go slower without other mods like deeper gears. I recently upgraded to the FRPP myself but I also have a bunch of other stuff done and I got it at a price I could not refuse.

The FRPP is designed for guys with increased displacement, high RPM, and boost. Without other mods the FRPP will just hurt your TQ.

also, if the only thing in your setup that really needs a tune is the intake you can get a handheld tuner for less than a dyno tune.

Then with the handheld you can pull 4* for you 100 shot and be on your merry way.

You can also reprogram your speedo with it when you change gears.

nitrous tuning for a 100 shot on a 4.6 3v really is not rocket science. Run premium gas, one step colder plugs, pull 4* global and call it done.

Last edited:

darrens07gt

forum member
Reaction score
For what you are doing, niether.

There are multiple dyno sheets on this page that show CMDPs as being meaningless. I had them with a tune and I can also tell you they do nothing. Boost guys get them because they are afraid of the butterflies breaking off. The FRPP will realistically do nothing for you. you might actually go slower without other mods like deeper gears. I recently upgraded to the FRPP myself but I also have a bunch of other stuff done and I got it at a price I could not refuse.

The FRPP is designed for guys with increased displacement, high RPM, and boost. Without other mods the FRPP will just hurt your TQ.

also, if the only thing in your setup that really needs a tune is the intake you can get a handheld tuner for less than a dyno tune.

Then with the handheld you can pull 4* for you 100 shot and be on your merry way.

You can also reprogram your speedo with it when you change gears.

nitrous tuning for a 100 shot on a 4.6 3v really is not rocket science. Run premium gas, one step colder plugs, pull 4* global and call it done.

See my sig. I have 410 gears installed, I have 1 step colder plugs installed, I have full exhaust and hot rod cams. I also have a sctx4 tuner from Brenspeed that is currently tuned for 93 octane for all the mods in my sig.

I even have the nitrous kit installed with bottle heater, purge and window switch. But I have not filled the bottle as I don't want to run any nitrous without a tune.

46addict

Reaction score
I thought throttle body's by themselves weren't worth the expense for a mostly NA car? I wasn't even sure if CMDP is worth it but that's why I posted this poll.

You have the regular Steeda underdrive pulleys and not just the Steeda underdrive crank pulley? I would be interested in the regular pulleys (item# 001-705).

You are right about the TB being a waste on NA cars. Which is why I put it under "maybe". If one falls on my lap or I'm are chasing down the last 2-3whp are the only reasons I would get it.

A forum member had dynoed his car after each mod he did and posted his results. I hope he doesn't mind me posting the link http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/Mustang2006GT/S197_Bolt_Ons.htm to his page. But in his situation the delete plates were good for 6whp. It's also added insurance for your engine because the plates have broken off in other cars. Another point in having these is to improve fuel atomization, which becomes more important in a wet nitrous car.

And yes I have the regular Steeda UD pulley set, which is a smaller crank pulley and a larger water pump pulley made to work with the stock belt.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
I went with CMDP's and my stock throttle body as I'm using a Novi 2200. I think the car responded well to the CMDP's above 3K when it was NA.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I have the steeda billet plates myself and I know it added horsepower. If you already have other bolt ons, especially cams, they will give you gains. I have stock cams and stock manifolds myself so I know my gains would have been bigger and powerband widened with cams and headers along with my cmdp's.

darrens07gt

forum member
Reaction score
You are right about the TB being a waste on NA cars. Which is why I put it under "maybe". If one falls on my lap or I'm are chasing down the last 2-3whp are the only reasons I would get it.

A forum member had dynoed his car after each mod he did and posted his results. I hope he doesn't mind me posting the link http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/Mustang2006GT/S197_Bolt_Ons.htm to his page. But in his situation the delete plates were good for 6whp. It's also added insurance for your engine because the plates have broken off in other cars. Another point in having these is to improve fuel atomization, which becomes more important in a wet nitrous car.

And yes I have the regular Steeda UD pulley set, which is a smaller crank pulley and a larger water pump pulley made to work with the stock belt.

Awesome. If you want to PM me a paypal address I can paypal you the money first thing tomorrow using friends and family so there won't be any fees taken out.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back