Ford Racing Throttle body/ Saleen ported lid special!!

cruisin

Reaction score
If you have a lid to send in then it would only be the $200 porting charge. We can even return your lid! It only takes a few hours to port so the turn around time is short.

Cruisin call me up about your lids, i think we can work something out!

Jim, I'll call you in a couple of weeks when I'm ready to order, theres no problems with this mating to a Saleen Ultimate is there? Is there another coupling needed? Please tell me you guys have lots of tunes for these, my local guy is really having a hard time as of late with things and is super busy.

Are your mail order tunes still able to be adjusted at all?

1SickRedfire

forum member
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back from the dead, anybody know if the new series 6.5 lid outperforms the series 6 ported lid? I've seen the flow numbers from Saleen's website, but I'm more interested in documented hp/tq gains. It would be interesting to see what the difference is back to back with the ford racing throttle body on a dyno. Jim, any info?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They also say you don't need a tune for the new lid. I ordered the lid but I don't think I'll be putting it on till I redeploy back and can take the car to Breenspeed to get it tuned once on.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We havent done any back to back testing with a 6.5 lid versus our ported version but Id bet to say they are very close. Anyone know if a FRPP3V or GT500 throttle body will bolt up to the new 6.5 lid? Thats why we started porting these lids anyways to fit the bigger TB blades

Meikol02

Reaction score
One of the local Saleen club guys here just swapped his out, according to him the FRPP TB bolts right up to the new lid. I didn't watch the swap, but I spent some time going over the details of the install with him.

saleenextreme20

forum member
Reaction score
One of the local Saleen club guys here just swapped his out, according to him the FRPP TB bolts right up to the new lid. I didn\'t watch the swap, but I spent some time going over the details of the install with him.

Just remove center post,mouth port and polish in/out the lid with the FRPP TB and forget the 6.5 lid....

saleenextreme20

forum member
Reaction score
DSC01383.jpg

DSC01382.jpg

DSC01380.jpg

Top view with center bolt hole welded
DSC01385.jpg

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
heres our handy work..

Last edited:

cruisin

Reaction score
I guess i will do a little digging for numbers. I'd like to get a VI.5 lid if there are some gains. I would expect a bit as that's probably the bottleneck for me right now.

1SickRedfire

forum member
Reaction score
Nice Jim! I wondered about trimming that tube inlet on the side down myself. No adverse affects doing that?

Blue Vue

forum member
Reaction score
what gains to the tires can i expect on my 3.2 saleen S/C + techco intake ?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 3.2 pulley and TechCo intake can make around 475 RWHP. This all depends on what else is on the car though. The Techco intakes aren't available anymore however.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
haha okay yes well you could expect about 15-20 RWHP between the lid and TB

08RoushGT

forum member
Reaction score
What are the gains on a Roushcharged car with all bolt ons and pulley swap???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back