forgestar pic request!

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
lol good question, I've just been lazy to be honest. I haven't even washed my car in like a month! Just wanted to get it washed & waxed up nice and try and take some decent pics at some location other then my driveway.

With that said, I can tell you it's nothing that impressive, particularly when compared to some of the great photoshoots you can find on this site. Main reason being is the car is not slammed & they are just 18's. The prokit just doesn't get these cars that low. It basically just looks like how it should have come from the factory. With 18's for it to look impressive in pictures you need to go at least sportlines low in my opinion. But my setup is much more about practicality then looks. Otherwise I'd still have my 20" Boss 338's on.

With all that said i will eventually post some pics, I promise :)

+1 My car would look half as good if it wasn't as low. I can now only go over tiny speed bumps, anything over 2.5 inches and we can't go there. But with mine being so low, I honestly forget they're only 18s.

BV600

forum member
Reaction score
What are all you forgestar guys using for a lug socket? I have the AM Lug kit and the Socket that came with the kit barely fits. I dont want to end up messing the paint up.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Using mcgards spline in mine. Socket is super thin

And with that said, take care of that socket. I've broken a few in the past lol. I love mcgard stuff, it's all I use but those damn sockets tend to break!

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
And with that said, take care of that socket. I've broken a few in the past lol. I love mcgard stuff, it's all I use but those damn sockets tend to break!
Yea I was actually gonna buy a few backups. I always do it by hand but if I have a few extras I'll use electric impact to take em off and to quick thread em but still use hand to torque em down.

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
BE CAREFUL with mcgard locks. I had a lock break on me today.

527468_3541402460941_1448829296_2988491_619971399_n.jpg

RUST on the seems where it broke. Makes me believe air pockets when they were made or its been cracked a while and water has seeped into them.

548154_3541410901152_1448829296_2988493_2128304816_n.jpg

543263_3541434541743_1448829296_2988505_793935359_n.jpg

LUCKILY I was able to torque the splines down and it made this one loose enough to get off with my fingers. I will be calling mcgard tomorrow as these are supposed to have lifetime warranty and I'm gonna try to get them to just send me 4 spline drives to replace the locks.

According to their warranty crap. I have to send the broken one to them along with proof of purchase and they will determine if I get warranty replacements. Screw it. I'll just buy 4 splines.

Last edited:

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score

BV600

forum member
Reaction score
I have the AM Lugs no complaints so far. They match the wheels pretty good. I do need to find a better socket, the one provided barely fits and I dont want to scratch the paint. I ordered a McGards. Springs/Shocks/Struts are on the way. They are still dirty from mounting

DSC_0633.jpg

DSC_0634.jpg

DSC_0636.jpg

DSC_0635.jpg

DSC_0637.jpg

DSC_0615.jpg

DSC_0616.jpg

Last edited:

tumbler

Reaction score
According to their warranty crap. I have to send the broken one to them along with proof of purchase and they will determine if I get warranty replacements. Screw it. I'll just buy 4 splines.

Is this just what you've read on their warranty or have you talked to a rep? That's pretty crappy if they won't stand behind their product, when you have pics of them broken in half!

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Is this just what you've read on their warranty or have you talked to a rep? That's pretty crappy if they won't stand behind their product, when you have pics of them broken in half!

It's pretty standard for most warranties to have you mail the product back for inspection. They can't be sure if you broke it because you don't know how to use it or it's a manufacturing defect.

Although I will say, it's kind of silly for a lug nut. Then again, it depends on the company. Koni will send you the shock first but have your CC on file in case you either never send the broken one in or you send it in and they determine it's not covered under warranty.

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score

http://mcgard.com/McGard/CustomerService/WarrantyReturns

I just said screw it and bought some regular splines no locking.

No ones probably jacking my wheels anyways. Always in garage and it's so low you can't jack it.

I have the 360$ lopro professional craftsman aluminum racejack, lowest they have and it won't even go under the sides of my car nor can I get it under the rear diff. Must first be driven up onto blocks of wood lol.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
http://mcgard.com/McGard/CustomerService/WarrantyReturns

I just said screw it and bought some regular splines no locking.

No ones probably jacking my wheels anyways. Always in garage and it's so low you can't jack it.

I have the 360$ lopro professional craftsman aluminum racejack, lowest they have and it won't even go under the sides of my car nor can I get it under the rear diff. Must first be driven up onto blocks of wood lol.

you paid $360 for a floor jack? lmfao

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Yea I never could find one that fit under my old civic or bmw other than that one. Didn't want a bunch of crappy shit nor did I want a heavy as hell one either.

I suppose. I've been using the $60 harbor freight ones and never had any issues. Requires a bit of a boost on the fender to lift the chassis up a little but it's nothing a buddy can't help out with.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back