Forgestar Wheel Failure?

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Hot damn I forgot how much fun this place is.

Anyone that hides behind throwaway user names to throw out controversial opinions and insult well respected vendors shouldn't even be listened to. Stand up and grow a pair. I've said more than my fair share of controversial things, but I never tried to hide that it was me saying it.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I'll give you that his comment in the moment at the end of his video can be interpreted as 'against' Forgestar. Based on the drivers responses, in which he routinely compliments (on this & other forums) their handling of the situation more than makes up for it, in my opinion.
Perhaps he does more than make up for it, but you only get one chance to make a first impression and not everybody is going to see it like that. "Not everybody" doesn't get to exclude vendors/vendor representatives, as they are still people.

When you suggest that a vendor should maintain a different attitude, how do you resolve that against a reasonable opinion held by that same person when he puts on a helmet and might be sharing the track with the individual whose parts failure has opened up this entire clusterf*ck?

Norm

ItsAThrowAway

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Perhaps he does more than make up for it, but you only get one chance to make a first impression and not everybody is going to see it like that. "Not everybody" doesn't get to exclude vendors/vendor representatives, as they are still people.

I wonder if you've heard of the concept of taking the high road. The manufacturer certainly has.

When you suggest that a vendor should maintain a different attitude, how do you resolve that against a reasonable opinion held by that same person when he puts on a helmet and might be sharing the track with the individual whose parts failure has opened up this entire clusterf*ck?

Norm

I'm not sure what you mean here. If you're suggesting that the vendor is pissed off because they think the drivers an idiot who is endangering the safety of others at the track day, there are far better (and far less reputation damaging) ways to get the point across. It doesn't matter if you're a vendor or a driver, someone is far more likely to actually listen to your advice if you're not a dick about it.

If you want to rage about track safety and how idiots who just fill in the self tech form are going to get us all killed go ahead, but the reality is that as long as the track allows self tech you will have people who do this. It's unfortunate, but it's a risk that everyone who goes on track should understand that they're taking.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
That 1400 / 1520 lb load rating may look like a lot, but I'm assuming that is for a stationary load ? Assuming 1000 lbs on each front wheel....then hit a curb, now you have a dynamic load..which could easily be several times the static load. The suspension + tires can only absorb some of it. I'd still like to know what AL alloy Forgestar uses..and what heat treating the alloy uses. Both A356 + 6061-T6 is pretty strong stuff....and 7075 is even better. 6063-T832 has the same yield as 6061-T6. I'll ask em, just out of interest.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll give you that his comment in the moment at the end of his video can be interpreted as 'against' Forgestar. Based on the drivers responses, in which he routinely compliments (on this & other forums) their handling of the situation more than makes up for it, in my opinion.

Regardless of how you feel about the driver, my point about a certain vendor still stands. The response given was unwarranted and over the top. I only bothered bringing it up as they've lost a customer in me, and are being mocked on another forum or two, with posters indicating they've got no problem with Forgestar, but won't purchase from a certain vendor anymore. Will it hurt their bottom line? Probably not. Will I direct anyone who asks away from said vendor? Most definitely. Being a dick isn't cool.

On my main account, no problem!

If you have an issue with a vendor, why hide behind a anonymous user account? If you aren't going to use them anymore or complain about them, why does it matter to have anonymity?

ItsAThrowAway

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
If you have an issue with a vendor, why hide behind a anonymous user account? If you aren't going to use them anymore or complain about them, why does it matter to have anonymity?

Same reasons as the other throwaway account indicated.

DevGittinJr

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
If I were a vendor and responded like you did, I would be embarrassed. I've purchased from you before, but never will again.

What I don't understand is why you're immediately so defensive about the issue. ...and yet you immediately jump on him...

It's pretty simple to address this without coming off like a dick. All it takes is one or two lines about how Forgestar stands behind their products... a reminder to check your wheels, and move on.

I've already tried to make these same points to Terry. As a vendor, it's exceptionally bad form to talk shit and get into petty arguments, publicly. Notice Jason drops tech without throwing shade? Same vendor. Terry brings the tech, no doubt, but you usually have to wade through hella boasts and some insults to find it. I wouldn't say that I won't buy from them again, but your viewpoint is correct. Someone's a bit insecure. He knocks anything that differs from his way, especially products he doesn't carry. There're a tiny few here that like that behavior, but most don't. Even my sig quote is an example of a typical Terry original. It was so laughable, I had to use it. Awesome as it is, outside this issue, this forum loves them some Terry, so good luck.

BTW, what buttfucking difference does his identity make? His point is valid no less. Are you saying that Terry somehow has more integrity for using his own identity when he talks shit on the web? GTFO

Last edited:

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
"itsathrowaway" you apparently have had your butt handed to you by Terry on more than one occasion because there is personal anger towards him from every one of your posts. Thai is not about him being an ass in his post, this is a personal attack from you on him. I would bet money that you follow him on all the social media forums, FB, etc. and attack him every way you can!
I have no stake in this matter, just an outside observation. I've made one order from him and got a lot of good tech from him and others from their shop in the forums. I think if your gonna hang here you need to reveal your motives for these attacks.

Sent from iPhone

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So what wheel company(s) do the mystery butt buddies work for?

Forgestar fucked up giving this guy money. All the other guys were used to discarding cracked wheels as part of the cost of racing. Now every curb hound will all be show me the money!

ItsAThrowAway

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I like that because I don't agree with being an asshole, I must have had my butt handed to me by Terry on multiple occasions. I'm simply a now former customer of his, and haven't trashed him or his business at all. I offered my opinion on his response, that's all. This thread is the only place I've posted about it - you can choose to believe me or not. And you wonder why I don't use my main account here.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like that because I don't agree with being an asshole, I must have had my butt handed to me by Terry on multiple occasions. I'm simply a now former customer of his, and haven't trashed him or his business at all. I offered my opinion on his response, that's all. This thread is the only place I've posted about it - you can choose to believe me or not. And you wonder why I don't use my main account here.

Why would any vendor stand by and let a profitable product be trashed by some track rat who didn't know what he was doing?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think he means main SN across the net, so far no matches

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dude, why the fuck do you care so much what Terry posted? You don't want to do business with him? Fine. Get over it.

Some of us appreciate Terry's straightforward, no-bullshit attitude. Personally, I think he's done nothing wrong.

Also, be a man and quit using throwaway accounts.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

ItsAThrowAway

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Dude, why the fuck do you care so much what Terry posted? You don't want to do business with him? Fine. Get over it.

Some of us appreciate Terry's straightforward, no-bullshit attitude. Personally, I think he's done nothing wrong.

Also, be a man and quit using throwaway accounts.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

So you like assholes, got it.

What if I'm a woman? Should I still be a man? Can I use your bathroom pre-transition anyway?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back