Forget the Vette, forget the Ninja ZX-14, this is BAD ASS!

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Yea I have seen that before. Problem s the Atom is under $40k. A Veyron is 1.5 Mil...

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
true but the veyron will take the atom. im not sure anything can beat the veyron

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
zero to 256 MPH in 12 seconds. I am pretty sure you need a Top Fuel Dragster to beat that. and I don't see too many dragsters on the highway...LOL

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what does 0-256 that fast? the atom doesnt its jsut a honda engine haha

the veyron hit 253mph

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Sorry, I was talking about the Veyron. 253, 256, it's all the same thing...

tehsleeper

forum member
Reaction score
Wow marcspaz you spit out a lot of false numbers. The Veyron makes it to 200mph in 24 seconds. Double the time you said it takes to get to 253. To do 253mph in 12 seconds is absolutely insane. That's a constant acceleration of 21mph per second. Does it have an anti-matter drive to overcome the laws of physics or what? A car that could do 253 in 12 seconds would have a 0-60 in 1 second or under. Seriously man, I'm afraid the bs flag is going to have your name on it. You don't just take the 0-60 time and multiply it until you get the top speed. That defies even the most basic laws of physics.

The 253 mph "record" is unconfirmed. It was never tested by a third party, only a magazine. The new SSC car will soon take the record, in top speed and acceleration.

Last edited:

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
I know a kid here that has an atom. The thing is crazy looking. Its kindof funny seeing him driving with a helmet on.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
To do 253mph in 12 seconds is absolutely insane. That's a constant acceleration of 21mph per second. Does it have an anti-matter drive to overcome the laws of physics or what? A car that could do 253 in 12 seconds would have a 0-60 in 1 second or under. .
A top fuel or funny car can do 0 to 330 mph in under 5 seconds. 60-foot times are about 0.8 seconds on them. In addition, top alcohol dragsters/funny cars will run 0 - 260/270ish in about 5.5 sec or less.

Of course, they don't corner worth a crap.

tehsleeper

forum member
Reaction score
A top fuel or funny car can do 0 to 330 mph in under 5 seconds. 60-foot times are about 0.8 seconds on them. In addition, top alcohol dragsters/funny cars will run 0 - 260/270ish in about 5.5 sec or less.

Of course, they don't corner worth a crap.
I was only referring to street cars. I know drag cars can do that, they're a bit different than your average street car. But a street car 4,000+ lbs, the whole scenario of a car going a constant acceleration of 21mph per second would defy physics. I was also saying that for the number 0-253 in 12 would require a 0-60 under 1 sec because acceleration is not constant. With his data, the car would travel at a constant speed of 21mph from when you stepped on the pedal, i.e. impossible with opposing forces such as friction.

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow marcspaz you spit out a lot of false numbers. The Veyron makes it to 200mph in 24 seconds. Double the time you said it takes to get to 253. To do 253mph in 12 seconds is absolutely insane. That's a constant acceleration of 21mph per second. Does it have an anti-matter drive to overcome the laws of physics or what? A car that could do 253 in 12 seconds would have a 0-60 in 1 second or under. Seriously man, I'm afraid the bs flag is going to have your name on it. You don't just take the 0-60 time and multiply it until you get the top speed. That defies even the most basic laws of physics.

The 253 mph "record" is unconfirmed. It was never tested by a third party, only a magazine. The new SSC car will soon take the record, in top speed and acceleration.

actually it was tested. heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWJj8pAUu5k

tehsleeper

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Dude, seriously, first of all the car has over 1000 HP and cost 1.5 MILLION dollars. Does it matter what you and I think?

Secondly, the numbers I put out came straight from the video (may have misheard something), which was produced by a reputable 3rd party.

Third, we are here to BS and have fun, so just relax there mister Forum Police...

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dude, seriously, first of all the car has over 1000 HP and cost 1.5 MILLION dollars. Does it matter what you and I think?

Secondly, the numbers I put out came straight from the video (may have misheard something), which was produced by a reputable 3rd party.

Third, we are here to BS and have fun, so just relax there mister Forum Police...

+1:samuri:

tehsleeper

forum member
Reaction score

I never heard anyone say the car can do 0-253 in 12 seconds.

I didn't mean to come off harsh, it just seemed like a recurring theme after the vette post in the OT forum.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I double checked. Its 0-253 is 55 seconds. My bad... Still doesn't change the fact that we were just goofn' around and you WAY over reacted.

But, I was mistaken and I will try not to take your response personal...:zipped:

What "vette post" in what "OT forum" ?

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back