Forum Use

speeding bullitt

forum member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am not new to the forum but feel new to it as I am not able to start a thread under the "S197 Mustangs For Sale" section. I keep getting a message that I do not have permission to do so. Any suggestions from those who are familiar with the forum posting requirements would be appreciated. :Frustrated:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
we have a system here to keep people from showing up to just sell things. you have to be some sort of a contributing member before you can have access to post in the for sale sections

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am not new to the forum but feel new to it as I am not able to start a thread under the "S197 Mustangs For Sale" section. I keep getting a message that I do not have permission to do so. Any suggestions from those who are familiar with the forum posting requirements would be appreciated. :Frustrated:

You may have signed up a while ago but you are obviously new to the forum or you wouldn't be asking this question.

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88620

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Just go to pit stop, find some post whore threads, and get your post count up!

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Everyone is feeling pretty mellow today!

speeding bullitt

forum member
Reaction score
You need more posts!

Is there a specified number of posts?

we have a system here to keep people from showing up to just sell things. you have to be some sort of a contributing member before you can have access to post in the for sale sections

What constitutes a contributing member to post something for sale?

You may have signed up a while ago but you are obviously new to the forum or you wouldn't be asking this question.

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88620

The reason that I am asking the question is because I never had anything to sale before - and under FAQ I have not found any guidelines for doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Exact number isn't posted. Nobody knows. Just be useful and read stickys

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And you say this:

Qualifications to be allowed to post in the classified section are not posted by intent. Don't ask, we won't tell

That is why I could not find anything when I read the rules - secret number

But yet it's in the rules and you still asked....., :hmm:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What the hell?!?!? Have we gone soft? Others have been buried in the woods for this exact question before.

speeding bullitt

forum member
Reaction score
But yet it's in the rules and you still asked....., :hmm:

Sorry stkjock

I was not aware of rules being posted under forum/showpost.php that you now provided me - thanks for directing me there. I did try to find the answer under "Board FAQ" "Forums, Threads and Posts", "Posting New Messages", and "Replying to a Post" Unfortunately I was unable to find anything there, so I sent a message asking the question to the administrator - but to no avail. So I posted here under "New User Introductions" - which has now provided the answer to my question. Hope that this clarifies things.

speeding bullitt

forum member
Reaction score
What the hell?!?!? Have we gone soft? Others have been buried in the woods for this exact question before.

Looks like I touched upon a sensitive area here. Thanks to all the members and moderators/administrators who have answered my question.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry stkjock

I was not aware of rules being posted under forum/showpost.php that you now provided me - thanks for directing me there. I did try to find the answer under "Board FAQ" "Forums, Threads and Posts", "Posting New Messages", and "Replying to a Post" Unfortunately I was unable to find anything there, so I sent a message asking the question to the administrator - but to no avail. So I posted here under "New User Introductions" - which has now provided the answer to my question. Hope that this clarifies things.

:cheersman:

you should be set up now to post in classifieds.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back