FR500 18x10 on 2011+ GT (need spacers for front)

95PreludeSi

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of FR500 threads around here, and quite a few folks have put them on 05-09's without issues. Just wanted to report in that if you have standard brakes on a 2011GT you will need to add spacers in the front to make sure they clear the calipers. I ordered 4 18x10s from CC, and they came as expected. However, when test fitting them I noticed they rubbed on the caliper when rotating the wheel. So you need a little clearance. Right now 5mm spacers did the trick, although I have some 3mm spacers and will try those later. Other than that they are doing fine.

2cpqdq9.jpg

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Well not many people put 18x10's on the front which is probably why you are having a rubbing problem.
Most sites even tell you that 18x10's are for the rear only.

Last edited:

95PreludeSi

Reaction score
Well not many people put 18x10's on the front which is probably why you are having a rubbing problem.
Most sites even tell you that 18x10's are for the rear only.

Well, some people don't like their cars to understeer like a dump truck either. :)

What size tires?

275/35/18
Not the best size, but they were on close-out last year for cheap. They are decent enough for AX & track use.

95PreludeSi

Reaction score
Do you have the Brembo brakes?
No Brembos. As icyguyb14 said, the 2011 (2010?) standard brakes increased in size slightly. I believe they use the same pads as the 05-09, but the rotor changed. Not sure about the caliper, but obviously they moved at least to accomodate the new rotor.

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
Meh...I needed spacers....but they're only 5mm spacers...(still plenty of thread)

I like where they sit now anyway. IMO It was worth it

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back