Front seat question

ViciousJay

forum member
Reaction score
Seeing how these cars have airbags in the seats i was hoping to pull them out in order to do a full detail and clean any little dog hairs that are between the seats and center counsel. Can this be done with out complication? Can i simply unbolt the seats and leave them plugged in order to get a vacuum in there?

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
You maybe the first person i have ever heard of unbolting a seat in order to vacuum. But to answer your question it will only be a matter of un plugging the harness under the seat. There should be enough play in the harness to leave them attached. Im willing to bet this Is the first and last time you will bolt it to vacuum.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

forum member
Reaction score
will set anything off or should i pull the battery to be safe?

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
The airbags are triggered by voltage, If you unplug them no voltage..your safe

ViciousJay

forum member
Reaction score
correct.... the airbag module is what controls the air bag deployment... i take out seats all the time when doing car audio and have had 0 issues.

this is off the battery right? i heard that ford like other company's have done put a fail safe, basically if it finds one fault with an airbag it wont start the vehicle

RedMustang

forum member
Reaction score
You maybe the first person i have ever heard of unbolting a seat in order to vacuum.

agree

Kingcrabb

forum member
Reaction score
I spilled milk in my car...i know....
Took out the passenger seat to steam and deep clean the carpet. When i put it back in i had a air bag light come on in the dash. Ford had to replace the airbag in that seat.
Not sure if it was the milk or what...
But it didnt cost me anything and the milk is gone...

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
Seeing how these cars have airbags in the seats i was hoping to pull them out in order to do a full detail and clean any little dog hairs

Extreme-detailer, rollin' in the 5.0!
I thought I was bad, after slogging on gravel roads for 50 miles during deer season, found myself picking out the big stones trapped in tires' slits.

Modshack

forum member
Reaction score
this is off the battery right? i heard that ford like other company's have done put a fail safe, basically if it finds one fault with an airbag it wont start the vehicle

Not true. You can unplug them without the battery disconnected too..

ViciousJay

forum member
Reaction score
I spilled milk in my car...i know....
Took out the passenger seat to steam and deep clean the carpet. When i put it back in i had a air bag light come on in the dash. Ford had to replace the airbag in that seat.
Not sure if it was the milk or what...
But it didnt cost me anything and the milk is gone...

Yep ill be pulling the battery for this cuz im modded and i dont want trouble form any dealers, better safe then sorry

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back