Fuel gauges goes from half to empty (division x fuel system)

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
So my fuel gauge will work great in my 2012 gt500, from full to half a tank, but as soon as hit its right under a half it drops to zero.

Now I still have about 8 gallons of gas in the tank.

Tune issue or something else?

I converted the car to the 1400hp division x kit.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The level sender for full to half is on the passenger side of the tank and that side empties first. The level sender for half to empty is on the driver side so sounds like the sender on the divisionx hat is damaged or not wired properly.

Last edited:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I had this issue with my 2011 GT for the first 10,000 miles or so. I actually "ran out of gas" one time because of it. I still had a full tank on the left side, I could hear it sloshing around and it sounded almost full, but the car simply wouldn't pull fuel from that side. I guess it thought there wasn't any in there.

After this happened multiple times, I took it to the dealer and they replaced the fuel sending units on both sides. Haven't had it happen since. Just FYI.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
The level sender for full to half is on the passenger side of the tank and that side empties first. The level sender for half to empty is on the driver side so sounds like the sender on the divisionx hat is damaged or not wired properly.

thank you

ethic1

forum member
Reaction score
I had it happen after return style install. The crossover line got linked. Replaced it with a breaded line and all good!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back