Fuel Shut-off Switch

kojack

Reaction score
2005 GT, M90, hot rod cams, ford racing 62 TB, kb BAP, etc. Yesterday drove about six miles, stopped at traffic light then turned in to store and backed in parking space. The car shut off as I was backing and would not start, turned over fine, sputtered a few times. Checked fuel pump fuses, bap fuse all fine, after two hours of trying, phoned a buddy, he said the fuel shut-off switch, finally found it. Started WOW! Then drive about a mile and heard beeping coming from dash no lights (codes). Figure the beeping is from low battery with all the turning over? The beeping finally quit. Now the question is what caused the Fuel Shut-off Switch to activate, did not hit anything, checked for fuel leaks, fuel pressure is normal, I'm alittle frustrated at this. Also when trying to start the car the cd player was clicking like trying to find a disc (no cd in player). Turned off radio but it would come back on after trying to start. Hope this is not to confusing, cause it is for me!!
This problem is bugging me, I did not mention that while driving to the store I kept changing cd's could not find what I wanted, Also when car would not start I disconnected the battery and reconnected. Then tried to start, no go but the radio came on to AM(static) and all 6 cd slots showed on the radio, turned off radio tried to start again radio came back on same display it did this after each time I tried to start. After car started all is OK, I may have caused this confusing the electrical system in the radio cd player, being impatient changing cd's, I know radio is interconnected to starting and also have TC (relay) to turn off on startup.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
SJB got wet, possibly. Our cars are notorious for the SJB getting wet and causing all sorts of weird electrical issues. My car would act up if I washed it.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Check your positive battery cable, is it tight?
Mine was loose and it kept making my cd changer cycle and all kinds of freaky things like problems with startups. Forgot to tighten it after I installed M90 lol.
Just a thought

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
When the battery is disconnected (or run-down or loose connection), the radio will reset itself and do that cd cycling.
You probably do have a loose connection somewhere. Check also the bolt on the BEC.

Back