Fuel's Winter Project: Build It Before It Blows

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I havent drove the car since august cause it has been in pieces. Every time i get a plan together to build it something comes up. Not to mention, i am damn tired of fixing my '78 ford i use as a dd so i can keep a "toy" in the garage. Hell, ive even being looking at MMR as an option since they offer layaway.

As only I know to well, it is awful easy to run up the price ladder on stuff. Stay grounded and reasonable, get the fucker back together, enjoy it when the weather warms up.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
^ thanks man, thats the plan for right now. I am going to get it back together and may turn up the boost to 10lbs for the 500 miles or so it will get on it this summer. If the engine goes, then i will either have an nice garage show piece or have to build it

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Trust me man, stay with it and it will be a great day when you get to drive it! Last weekend I got to drive mine for the first time in over 4 months and it was well worth the wait, time, money and effort put into it!

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
No problem bruce, just tired of getting my hopes up and then something else coming up. It will get there some day, just hope some weight reduction and other bolt ons will hold me over for awhile again.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Shit Josh hang in there

I always try to remember the stupid shit about the car that makes me laugh all winter
Shit like

Hey whats 281 on that hood scoop mean

Or Big Ford truck pulls up next to me at a Stop Light.
My cars got a little shake from the cams you sold me (Thanks)
And the stupid passenger asks me
Hey that's a six cylinder right?
I just look up at him and smile and say yep, as my wife smacks me. :asshat:

So just try to remember the good times brother

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
No problem bruce, just tired of getting my hopes up and then something else coming up. It will get there some day, just hope some weight reduction and other bolt ons will hold me over for awhile again.
I feel you Brother! I have had mine for 6 yrs, and every time something comes up that I can't mod! Do I want to set it a Blaze right now? Hell yeah..i'm still almost stock, so be happy you got a good start:)

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Got my FRPP diff cover yesterday and the BMR ds loop should come today. Should be reassembling everything i have apart starting this weekend!

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
MOAR PARTS!

photobucket-34220-1360975696608_zps843bac05.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I wish to hell I had bought the Ford Racing rear pumpkin cover. I bought the Scott Drake instead to save $15 and the rough finish just doesn't clean up very well. It looks like an old piece of crap instead of nice and shiny like the Ford Racing piece. Even brake cleaner won't get the grease spots off it.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I got this one used and need to pick up new gear oil, friction modifier, and a gasket. Anyone know a good place to pick that stuff up?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Gray RTV silicone with no gasket. Which differential/limited slip do you have? When I installed the Eaton Truetrac I went with Lucas gear lube, it's pretty damn thick even at the same rated viscosity as the others.

I see you list friction modifier so that means you have clutches, Probably just the Valvoline or Motorcraft with friction modifier already included available at the local parts house.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I still have a stock rearend so i am going to need whatever is recommended for stock.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
I just used Valvoline and friction modifier. I have to do it again though since I have an frpp cover waiting to go on.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
So basically I can just go to any parts store and pick this stuff up?

Sidebar.... Just bought an 8 bolt flywheel and clutch from the classifieds. Still not gonna give up on that engine!

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
So basically I can just go to any parts store and pick this stuff up?

Sidebar.... Just bought an 8 bolt flywheel and clutch from the classifieds. Still not gonna give up on that engine!

Yes. RP work real well with a clutch type. I'm using valvoline now because of the true trac and it works well too.

Any rtv will work. I've used black, copper, and had a shop use blue.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
So I don't have to worry about picking up a gasket, I can just use some RTV?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back