FYI Weld Racing/S197 Rims

05GT281

ole' legend lime
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had holeshots on my fox. Great quality and fitment. Love bogarts but as you've all said not a streetable wheel. At the World Street Finals I couldn't even get the Bogart rep to say it would be ok for the 30 mile true street drive !!? He was like a robot NOT RECOMENDED over and over again

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so ur sayin those greg welds wont be out until "sometime" this first quarter ;/

its all good maybe give me some time to save money anyway.

fuck no they aren't comming out they have been supposed to be released for what 2 years now ? face it they are more worried about f bodys then the ole stangs oh well fuck it

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fuck, I'll make them myself.

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sick of this Greg Weld shit. They're a fuckin' joke. And Weld is fuckin' stupid if they think people are gonna pay that much for wheels. I'm starting to get that sinking feeling everytime I hear the name Weld.

Your best bet, if you wanna go cheap, is buy an extra spare and mount a 17" front runner of some sort on both. Then put the biggest tire you can get away with on the stock 17" rears.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i know why these welds are so much they are probably the same as there 17" series which are forged wheels so they can be driven on everyday , actually i have a buddy who does ...anyway i dunno fella's im just about out of idea's here i even called a few diff rim makers to see what i could gather/pull but nothing i got 1 left i wanna talk to but its a far shot to say the least

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My dad and I actually talked about this. If I could find someone to make them I would do it. I could make some good money selling them to all the 05+ owners

Red03SVT

forum member
Reaction score
Oh it won't be "wrong"....unless you think a wheel hanging 2 inches outside the fenderwell is "wrong".
:roflmao:

"Hello....Holeshot Wheels? Yes, I'd like to order................."

The Bogarts made for Roush are 10" wide with 7.25" of BS. They also have a spacer welded on the back of them. Lets say that spacer is 3/4" since they say you need longer studs. Well if you take that 3/4" Spacer out of the mix and then you end up needing a 10" wheel with a 6.5" BS. Now this is all assuming that the Bogarts sit flush the way they are. We will know in a bit cause I have some 16x8 Weld Prostar XP's that I think are 4.5" BS. I might try to bolt them on tonight.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
The Bogarts made for Roush are 10" wide with 7.25" of BS. They also have a spacer welded on the back of them. Lets say that spacer is 3/4" since they say you need longer studs. Well if you take that 3/4" Spacer out of the mix and then you end up needing a 10" wheel with a 6.5" BS. Now this is all assuming that the Bogarts sit flush the way they are. We will know in a bit cause I have some 16x8 Weld Prostar XP's that I think are 4.5" BS. I might try to bolt them on tonight.
The 7.25" back spacing is measured with the spacer in place.

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
fuck no they aren't comming out they have been supposed to be released for what 2 years now ? face it they are more worried about f bodys then the ole stangs oh well fuck it

sad :( aftermarket parts for the s197 is where the money is at.. :(

Well lets say I keep my 17inch bullits in the back w/ my drag radials wrapped.

What would be the best current 15inch Rim Size/Spacer/Combo w/ tire to match up w/ my 17inch bullits drag radials in the rear?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't know about all this talk of the bogarts not living on the street?

Has anyone broken a pair on the street yet?

I have driven my bogart fronts over 2000 miles on the street and haven't had an inch of damage yet??:idea:

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My dad and I actually talked about this. If I could find someone to make them I would do it. I could make some good money selling them to all the 05+ owners

i tried a few that i know make custom wheels dex they all told me no so i dunno maybe you know different 1's than i do but i haven't had any luck they all tell me the max b/s they can do is 6.5 ...... and the ones who will do that b/s already have and i highly doubt they will cut their own throats making a reasonably priced wheel ... although they would make more because of number of sales compared to now

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^^ ditto - I checked FORVER for rims and nobody would make the 7.5" backspace and you cannot have bead locks with that big of a backspacing either.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
come on ck you start it up hell you got the cash to back this project lmao

it could be called upwheels lol

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Give them a shot. You never know.

Must be some pretty good roads.

yea they would never last here or in houston i know that shit for sure you almost need forged wheels to drive with the potholes and road construction

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i tried a few that i know make custom wheels dex they all told me no so i dunno maybe you know different 1's than i do but i haven't had any luck they all tell me the max b/s they can do is 6.5 ...... and the ones who will do that b/s already have and i highly doubt they will cut their own throats making a reasonably priced wheel ... although they would make more because of number of sales compared to now

i'll look into it

DarkFireGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I could have used a chisel and hammer and made a set by now. :tdown:

I don't see what the big delay is. I know Greg passed away, but this delay has been going on way before that. Obviously, making some that fit our cars is hard. But Bogart does it. I'm not saying copy their design, but hey, maybe have a look and see what makes theirs work, and apply that knowledge to their own wheels. Maybe we could see something out of them before the 2014 comes out.

Last edited:

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't know about all this talk of the bogarts not living on the street?

Has anyone broken a pair on the street yet?

I have driven my bogart fronts over 2000 miles on the street and haven't had an inch of damage yet??:idea:

Hey Mark, Ive been driving with my rears on for 15k miles and no problems. Now the fronts cracked on me twice from driving them on the street. They crack in the middle on the inside. It happened to both my front wheels. I had Bogart fix the one and then it happened to the other.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back