Garage Door Screen! How Did I Just Find Out About This!?!

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got a flyer in the mail. Can't believe I didn't know about this. Every summer I have been dousing myself with OFF to work in the man shed after twilight.

Breezy_Living_Data_Card_Pictures_003_thumb_zps42caeeb6.jpg

Breezy_Living_Data_Card_Pictures_005_zps698952d0.jpg

Breezy_Living_Data_Card_Pictures_010_zps37aa10b7.jpg

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that's cool, too bad I don't have a big enough garage to make use of that.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that's cool, too bad I don't have a big enough garage to make use of that.

Almost certain I am putting that on the shed. The horse flies get bad first, then the skeeters. Horse flies take a chunk right out of you.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Almost certain I am putting that on the shed. The horse flies get bad first, then the skeeters. Horse flies take a chunk right out of you.

Aghh horse flys are crazy painful!

On a side note I think that is a pretty awesome idea, but it'd be funny if someone didn't see that and drove straight in! :roflmao:

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Fuck all manor of flying shit that bites you.
This is so awesome, why didn't I think about it first?!?

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
That would be nice at home. There are a few companies I pick up and deliver to that has these on their dock doors and they are nice.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
hell for 1100, might as well add in the door just for convenience.
still pretty neat

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Depends on how well they seal at the edges. I don't know how they would be able to seal around the top since there is a gap between the open garage door and door frame, and the screen is inside the garage door.

I used to have mosquitoes bad in my garage. They would come out from behind the shelves and under the garbage can. The tiger stripe mosquitoes that you can't feel biting you but draw welts that hurt for days. I hated working in my garage! I bought one of those little $20 bug zapper lights from Home Depot and have left it on in my garage for the last year. I put a bucket under it to catch all the dead carcasses and I think I've been bit once since getting it.

Mustang259

forum member
Reaction score
I went the obsessive way, installed a Samsung heating and cooling unit, just keep the door closed and turn on the air or heat. My cars are very spoiled!

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Man these things are all over Florida. Unless it's brand new, I've never seen one that was in good shape over any sort of time. I don't know what these people do with them though.

I went the obsessive way, installed a Samsung heating and cooling unit, just keep the door closed and turn on the air or heat. My cars are very spoiled!

Probably cost just a little more than this stupid screen too. :thumb2:

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
People probably forget they are down and drive in to them...

Man these things are all over Florida. Unless it's brand new, I've never seen one that was in good shape over any sort of time. I don't know what these people do with them though.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

People probably forget they are down and drive in to them...

The fatality for those doors in FL has got to be pretty high. I lived in a retirement community for a few years with my folks. Our elderly downstairs neighbor would start his Chrysler up and hold it floored wide open. He had no hearing and it was the only way he could tell it was running. Since it was right under my bedroom, woke me up every damn time!

The local garage door store had one set up on the showroom floor. Seems a well made product. It has magnets on the top of the door that pull it tight to the header. It lies right against the garage door weather seal on the sides and has a weather seal on the bottom. It also has a fuzzy bristle strip on the sides and top. A bug is gonna have to try hard to get in.

Decided to buy and have installed. I'll post up some pic's when it is in.

Mustang259

forum member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang259
Probably cost just a little more than this stupid screen too.

I had the system for about 2 years and it was about 2100 bucks, the beauty of it is that it is year round comfort, as hot or cold as I want and is very quiet.
the systme is just like the Mitsubishi wall mount A/c units u see advertised on tv except it is a samsung. The compressor/heat pump is outside so it doesn't take up much room.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back