Garage Sale ( Selling car = Selling spare parts )

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I just received a bill from UPS for $25 shipping charges that I paid you for. WTF is going on? PM sent!

Anybody else get this little surprise?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Shipping was paid for completely by me and no charge on your end. Provide me with a copy of this UPS invoice and I will look into it...

Would you like for me to take a pic and post it? How would you suggest we do this?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Probably the customs fee

Question is, if this is a customs fee should it have been made known to the buyers who would be responsible for this and is/was there a way around this?

My inquiry is not an attempt to be a smart ass, I'm just asking and learning because this is a pretty hefty fee IMO

TGJ

forum member
Reaction score
Question is, if this is a customs fee should it have been made known to the buyers who would be responsible for this and is/was there a way around this?

My inquiry is not an attempt to be a smart ass, I'm just asking and learning because this is a pretty hefty fee IMO

Until I see this bill, I have no idea what it is. I pre-paid everything I knew that had to be paid. I selected that all charges are charged to me. If it is some sort of new fee UPS came up with, then I was not aware of it. Another reason why I don't like UPS and I am really regretting giving you that shipping option...

TGJ

forum member
Reaction score
Extra UPS Fee

The only one's that would have received any extra fees would have been Jeff FRC and UltraKla$$ic as those were the only items shipped UPS. I have sent a PM to Jeff to see if he received a bill as I did the same type of shipping for him as I did UltraKla$$ic. I am curious to know what this bill is for...

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
The only one's that would have received any extra fees would have been Jeff FRC and UltraKla$$ic as those were the only items shipped UPS. I have sent a PM to Jeff to see if he received a bill as I did the same type of shipping for him as I did UltraKla$$ic. I am curious to know what this bill is for...

Email sent.

TGJ

forum member
Reaction score
Doing some research I found where that $24.75 charge comes from:

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/select/receiving/customs/fees.html

This explains why you received the bill for $24.75 and not I as that is a brokerage fee. Why that happened is I insured the HIDs for the replacement value in case they were damaged or lost. Because I did that, the entry fee for items valued between $200.01 and $1250.00 was applied by UPS. Had I known that there was going to be a charge on top of that, I would not have shipped the HIDs until I confirmed if you wanted insurance on them or not and informed you of that there is a charge that may be applied or if we could have used an alternative shipping method.

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
TGJ , Wifey recived the parts ! Amazing condition. Thanks again bro !

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Indeed, however with out of country shipping rates they will average out...

I have shipped stuff to the US before, it is about $2.00 to $5.00 difference...

:sigh1:
Give or take $20 - $25 bucks.............I'll send the surprise fee of $24.xx off tomorrow and from now on no more Canada dealings for me.:naughty:

Not intended as a personal attack on TGJ by any means, just letting members know that they could incur other unknown fees if deals are approached blindly, ignorantly, or both.

Last edited:

TGJ

forum member
Reaction score
:sigh1:
Give or take $20 - $25 bucks.............I'll send the surprise fee of $24.xx off tomorrow and from now on no more Canada dealings for me.:naughty:

Not intended as a personal attack on TGJ by any means, just letting members know that they could incur other unknown fees if deals are approached blindly, ignorantly, or both.

I have shipped lots of things to the US and have had lots of things shipped to me. On average, there is not much difference. I do not normally use UPS to send items and avoid them when I can when receiving items. I only used them to get quotes initially because a couple of people asked for UPS quotes. The first few items, I sold people were given the choice to have it shipped UPS or Canada Post/US Postal Service. You chose UPS, I insured the items for their worth which caused the brokerage fee. You were given a cheaper option to ship, had you chose that, what I quoted for shipping would have been accurate and there would not have been a brokerage fee. Had I known about that fee ahead of time, I would not have shipped the items without your consent and informing you of it. As I said to you privately, I was out extra on the shipping because of UPS' online calculator. I bit the extra cost because that is what I quoted you. After that I refused to use UPS for shipping. This is an unfortunate situation, I would not say do not buy from Canada, just make sure they do not use UPS...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back