Gas Leak?

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
Lately I've been noticing the smell of gas while inside my car. Usually in the morning when I drive it to work. Not overly strong just a hint. However, tonight you could smell it outside the car. I had driven it a mile over to my parents place. (It was driven hard earlier in the day) Put the cover on it and when I came back you could smell it pretty well. It seemed to be coming from the engine bay. Are there things I can check to see if I have a leak?

G.T

Reaction score
have the dealer look at it.. could be a leaky fuel pump seal (under the rear seat)

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
From what I can tell it looks like I might have an issue with an o ring on an injector. There is some discoloration around the injectors on the left side of the motor. JJ from Woodbine Motorsports cleaned it off for me. He said to drive the car and check to see if it comes back. If it does then I'll have to take it to the Ford dealer and have the o rings replaced.

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
The smell came back strong last night. The dealer installed new o rings on the passenger side injectors today. Hopefully the smell doesn't come back.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back