Gear choice...

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
Long story short, i destroyed a ring and pinion about 8 months ago. Took my 13 gt to ford, had them replace the 3.55's. 3 months after it started to whine. Now i am tired of it and want it to go away. I have a 1 piece DS and BMR relo's on right now. The rest of my aftermarket stuff is sitting in my garage. (tooo much whine)

I was looking at the rear axle and there is also oil on the Driver side axle tube; from searching i found there is some kind of breather TSB on that.

so here are the choices:
1)take the car in to have ford do the tsb and change the ring and pinion and try this again, with the chance they wont do any work at all because of the DS.

2) buy used 3.31's and some strange or moser axles for some added safety and go to a recommended shop in my area.

what would you guys recommend? i would buy used factory 3.31's since i have not heard of anyone complaining about gear whine. i maybe go to the track once or twice a year, so im not concerned about getting the fastest time out of my car. i will admit i like to have fun on the highway sometimes. (dont know if im staying NA or supercharging yet)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back