go fast turn both ways crew come in here

darkstar november

magical turning mustang
Reaction score
im going to order my d specs in the morning, whats a good starting place for adjustments? ive never had adjustable shocks before so idk. any help is appreciated

Kaldar142

Reaction score
Have you already bought D-specs? If not, i would highly recommend getting Konis instead.... When i switched from D-specs to Konis it was a HUGE world of difference, i don't think i could recommend D-specs after using Konis.

If you already have, no big deal... theyre still more than enough for the average driver

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Why am I always the contrarian???

Dial them up to the middle position, then go out, drive the car hard, and see if you have neutral handling, or oversteer, or understeer, and then start dialing to neutralize from there....

johnQ

forum member
Reaction score
I dialed them in at 5 when I first started (mid-way) and adjusted from there. The softest setting will be slightly softer than stock.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
I'd not start full soft either. That's way, WAY too soft for anything other than drag racing in front.

I'd recommend around the middle too, adjust each end to suit your needs/wants. Shocks do not effect balance that's springs, bars, alignments, etc. Shocks do effect feel and response.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
I adjusted my Koni's to the softest setting, which I found was good for daily driving (about the same as stock) and then bumped it up to the 6th setting for the road course. I left the rear Koni's set at the 5th setting for daily driving and track, so I guess I could have started of at the mid-point. It's all good as long as you get them where you need them and learn the range offered by the adjustable shocks/struts.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I started at 3 front and 4 rear and my teeth were chattering driving around the NYC streets, now i have it at 5 front 7 rear for city, when at the Autocross i run at 2 front 3 rear.

It all depends on the roads around you and the track conditions, thats the nice part about the adjustability, you can play until you find the right settting for YOU.

darkstar november

magical turning mustang
Reaction score
got them on this afternoon, went and played around on some little backroads, started at 5.5/5.5 had a little oversteer so i went 5.5/5.0 and it felt better, i have an autox im setting up this weekend so ill have the track to myself before it for a few hours to test mroe once i eliminate the tire pressure variable(idk what there at right now, been 3 weeks since i check them)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back