Going For 800 Rwhp

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Well I guees its time to update . Do good news though. The rods would not fit so I sent the rods back to MMR last Fri. and after reveiwing the rods they called Manley who said they needed to machine .015 off the piston cap wall for the clearance needed with this rotating ass. for the parts to work together so they have done that for me as of today and will ship the rods back out tomarrow. I called Manley to verify this as I am very worried about these rods at this point ,and they said they were aware of some setups needing this kind of machineing with this rod and that I have nothing to worry about that MMR is very a reputable builder and seller of their parts , but the problem is I keep getting conflicting storys be tween the two companys . The rod is a Chevy rod (offset at the bottem) made to fit the ford pistons and Manley said this is how they have always built the I beam rods. Well MMR says the rod have always been with no offset but equal on both sides that is why they thought me and my builder were nuts when we said we had a offset rod . I just hope this is enough clearance . I really do not want any more delays . This really sucks the whole reason I went with the high dollar Billit Pro Series I Beam over the H Beam was for peice of mind and now all I can do is worry about this engine not comeing apart after its togetter even after MMR and Manley have both said it will be fine . Has anyone ever heard of this kind of a problem with Manley Billit Pro Seires I Beam rods or this problem in general (keep in mind these are Manley pistions as well) ? Here are pics of the old rods and the new ones . Also I have decided to take the car to Manny at HPP for the tunning and let him do his magic. After much thought I decided I need a local tunner for this car and I think he will be the best choice after visiting with him today.

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man does this bring back memories... funny ting is old memories and memories from last month and yesterday too....lol

Keep us posted and keep forging ahead. You'll get there and it's coming along nicely!!:clap:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Here is what what I did today. The switch will engage the MSD LM and it will launch off my line lock button that will wire to the cruise control button ar another button I have not decided yet. I just know I want the launch button on the wheel where my hands will be with this auto setup. I also got the Procharger back together and moved the MSD stuff to where the batt. was also you can see the coatings that I used no the Procharger ,the outlet is not polished that is the ceramic coating the same as the intercooler tubes. Also installed the JDM trans. catch can .

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
.......I have nothing to worry about that MMR is very a reputable builder ........

Man... I REALLY hope you don't regret dealing with MMR.

....... Also I have decided to take the car to Manny at HPP for the tunning and let him do his magic. After much thought I decided I need a local tunner for this car and I think he will be the best choice after visiting with him today.

Now that is one decision you WON'T regret! Manny is tha man.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Well everthing has been machined finaly and the longblock is ready I got the call today and will be picking it up tomarrow ,also today I received a call from Tony at Larrys Transmisions and the new trans should be here on Fri. as it is done as well WOW what a great day Happy Fathers day to me ! I guess you know what Im doing this weekend . Stay tunned , lots of pics to follow after this weekend. I cannot beleive after all this time this thing is finaly going to happen. I will be calling Manny at HPP the end of next week to schedule the breakin tune .

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will be calling Manny at HPP the end of next week to schedule the breakin tune .

Hey now..... leave them alone until they get my car finished!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For sure. Hell, if someone would have stepped up for the 37K faster, my car would have already been sold.

When it's not 'fun' anymore - it's time to move on to something else IMO. Hopefully you're over the mishaps now and the fun will begin for you for at least a while.

You're in good hands with Manny as Doc said and i think you'll be trying to wipe the smile off your face very soon...:bigbeer:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
For sure. Hell, if someone would have stepped up for the 37K faster, my car would have already been sold.

When it's not 'fun' anymore - it's time to move on to something else IMO. Hopefully you're over the mishaps now and the fun will begin for you for at least a while.

You're in good hands with Manny as Doc said and i think you'll be trying to wipe the smile off your face very soon...:bigbeer:
LOL, I cant get it off now just thinking about it .

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I gotta know what you did to the intake manifold to make it so pretty?! Is it just high temp paint?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back